APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Quick way to learn Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeff weiser
Quick way to learn Motion
on Apr 30, 2011 at 12:59:19 pm

I'm new to Motion. What's the best way to learn? Is the Apple Peachpit Press book the quickest? I need to get up and running quickly. I need to edit a spot that has multiple boxes of video appearing and disappearing throughout the timeline aka the Wachovia spots from a few years ago. Should I learn Motion or After Effects? Thanks

Jeff Weiser
Director/Cinematographer
Directors Syndicate
jeffweiser@earthlink.net

Return to posts index

Ariane Fisher
Re: Quick way to learn Motion
on Apr 30, 2011 at 4:04:13 pm

The quickest/best way to learn Motion IMHO is to work your way through the certification book, which is probably the Peachpit book to which you were referring. You'll learn the most efficient way to use the program. Quicker still would be take the certification class. You do know that they are "theoretically" coming out with a new version of Motion in the next couple of months, right?

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Apr 30, 2011 at 7:00:42 pm

I prefer to learn from video tutorials by following examples given in the tutorials. I find it quicker than reading the book. But then we are all different. Either way you have to put in the hours. Each of the moderators in this forum have written or rather recoded quite a lot of tutorials you just have to see their respective websites for more info. Good luck in you quest.

Return to posts index

Dan Johnson
on Apr 30, 2011 at 7:43:04 pm

I recommend the COW’s Master Series DVDs. It was very helpful. Check out Moving with Motion here: http://store.creativecow.net/p/78/moving_with_motion

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
on May 1, 2011 at 9:02:55 am

It was the Ripple Training "Motion Fast Forward" video tutorials that got me up and running quickly.

I've also got Mark Spencer's book, which is an excellent supplement, but I think there's nothing to beat a video tutorial to get the concepts over quickly. A written description can be misinterpreted or misunderstood, while a video shows you exactly what you need to do with no ambiguity.

Like the man said - a (moving) picture (with spoken commentary) is worth a thousand (printed) words ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]