APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Browser screenshots fuzzy in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Blaszak
Browser screenshots fuzzy in Motion
on Apr 29, 2011 at 10:07:05 pm

Hi, all,

I'm working on a project that involves lots of screenshots of webpages. I've been taking the screenshots using apple-shift-4 and they look sharp as .pngs. But when I pull them into my Motion project they appear soft and fuzzy even at size 100%. The project I'm working on is DVC pro 720p30. Would another HD preset handle the screenshots better? Is there something I can do to the presets in Photoshop that will cause them to look clear in Motion?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Return to posts index

Praveen Nu
Re: Browser screenshots fuzzy in Motion
on Apr 30, 2011 at 3:45:25 pm

Hi,
Pls check these settings
1. Render settings = Best(Default settings may be Normal)
2. Preference->Project->Still images & layers->Large stills (Ensure that this is not set to 'Down-Res to Canvas Size')

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Apr 30, 2011 at 3:50:59 pm

The preset only really applies to the frame size and frame rate of your project. There's no codec being applied to the footage until you export. However, the DVCProHD 720p preset is a non-square preset and I prefer to work in a full raster setting especially when using square pixel images (like your screencaps). You could try the HDV 720p preset.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Scott Blaszak
on May 6, 2011 at 3:24:15 pm

Thanks for the help. I tried a different preset that was square pixel, and my screencaps look much better now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]