APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

can't move a layer, isn't locked

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ann Danylkiw
can't move a layer, isn't locked
on Apr 19, 2011 at 2:45:49 pm

Hi,

So I'm Motion4 and it's not letting me switch around a few layers. The layers aren't locked. It is a 3D project. Each layer has a fadein/fadeout on it and a motion path.

I thought it was a glitch at first so I exited, and restarted. Still nothing.

What is going on?

Thanks, Ann

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: can't move a layer, isn't locked
on Apr 19, 2011 at 3:52:42 pm

How are you attempting to move the layers? The clearer and more specific you can be, the better since none of us can look over your shoulder to see what's going on.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Ann Danylkiw
on Apr 19, 2011 at 7:02:56 pm

Attempting to move layer the way you move layers, click to highlight, then drag, in the most basic sense.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Apr 19, 2011 at 7:17:23 pm

There are lots of ways to move layers. For example, I don't move layers like that at all. I select the layer in the layer's pane and then place the playhead where I want the start of the layer to go, and hit SHIFT+[ to move the start of that layer to the playhead position.

You can also move layers in the mini timeline by grabbing it there and sliding it. And finally, you can select it in the Timing pane and move it that way.

Are you unable to move the layer in each of those ways? This is what I mean by specific.

Also, if you can, supply a screenshot of your interface to see if there are any visual clues as to why you're having problems.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Ann Danylkiw
on Apr 19, 2011 at 9:55:18 pm

As I suspected originally, I think at this point it was a glitch because several hours later now I can move the layers in the way I was trying. I was moving layers (stacking order, or what's on top) in the project pane. Sorry for not being specific enough.

Thank you.

Ann

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]