APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Extending the length of a template

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Purnell
Extending the length of a template
on Apr 12, 2011 at 10:22:32 pm

I am about to begin working on a project and I found a Motion template that I like but its only :13 long. The titles come on the screen at :10 and I need them to be on the screen for longer than :03. What are my options? I am using the Pulse template in Motion 4. Is there a way to loop the graphic and keep the title in place? If not, how can I extend the end of the graphic so I get more out on the back end even if the animation has stopped? I need the title to be at least a good :10 long.

I thought I just found a workaround but the Pulse file in the template media is only :03 long so that won't work either. I guess I could delete the title option from the template and add my own but the issue still exist with how do I extend the graphic to longer than :13 seconds?

Thanks!
Chuck
Cre8tive Minds Entertainment, LLC

Return to posts index

Josh Paulson
Re: Extending the length of a template
on Apr 13, 2011 at 6:12:03 pm

1) Hit "command+j" to open project properties and change the duration to desired length.

2) Set your new extended outpoints on timeline.

Return to posts index

Chuck Purnell
on Apr 14, 2011 at 2:15:10 am

Yea I tried that and it appears like its gonna work but it doesn't. After the duration of the clip it gave me 7 seconds of black when I tried to stretch it from :13 to :20. I ended up using the original template as is and modified the text so it pops up earlier.

Return to posts index

Josh Paulson
on Apr 14, 2011 at 12:36:23 pm

Did you try extending the outpoints of each of the elements (objects, text, background images) as well as the project play range?

Return to posts index

Chuck Purnell
on Apr 14, 2011 at 3:40:06 pm

Yea extending my play range was the first thing I did, then I attempted to extend the template duration and it seemed to have worked but when it got to :13 it went to black LOL! I was hoping I could find the elements used to create that particular template and customize it to my needs but that turned out to be a dead end too.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Apr 14, 2011 at 1:01:41 pm

If the background elements are motionless by the time you want to extend the duration, you can increase the project duration, extend the elements, then apply the "Stop" behavior so they stay on for the remaining duration.

Or

Increase project duration and copy/paste the still portion of the background to lengthen as desired.

Or

If the background elements have a repetitive action, you can copy/paste just that part so it continues to repeat as long as you see fit.

Or

Copy/paste the end and repeat it in reverse.

Lots of ways to do it.

Return to posts index

Chuck Purnell
on Apr 14, 2011 at 3:41:35 pm

@Dave Hmmmmm I didn't try that...I will experiment with your suggestions! Thanks!!

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Apr 15, 2011 at 12:31:54 pm

[Chuck Purnell] "@Dave Hmmmmm I didn't try that...I will experiment with your suggestions! Thanks!!"

For sure, will be curious to hear if you came up with a way to get what you wanted, or even something better.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]