APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Networking with Apple/Windows 7

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike WeinerNetworking with Apple/Windows 7
by on Apr 8, 2011 at 8:52:01 pm

This is also posted in the Windows forum, because I didn't know where it would make more sense to post this....

On my PC I have Windows 7, and on my Mac I have OS X 10.6.6. I have everything networked together so that I can connect to my PC from my Mac. Recently, however, I keep getting the following message, more and more:

There was an error connecting to the server "____". Check the server name or IP address, and then try again. If you are unable to resolve the problem contact your system admin.

In that, ____ is the name of the computer I'm trying to connect to....any ideas? Restart seems to fix it, but I don't want to restart every single time as I would be restarting a few times a day.

Thanks,
Mike

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: Wrong Forum
by on Apr 8, 2011 at 10:06:24 pm

While I could see how you might want to use Motion to move files on the network- this has nothing to do with Motion itself. I'd ask on a Mac/Windows networking forum- not even really something we do on the Cow.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Mike WeinerRe: Wrong Forum
by on Apr 9, 2011 at 7:11:21 pm

Sorry must have clicked on the wrong forum

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]