APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Replicate spraying junk on my project!

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ralph ParkerReplicate spraying junk on my project!
by on Apr 1, 2011 at 11:51:10 pm

Hello,
I'm working on a project that has an image of a sheet of ice as a "floor" and a 3-D Logo graphic that moves around on the ice. The logo is just a Copperplate letter "C" stretched to look like a horseshoe with black circles added as layers for the nail holes. I applied the "replicate" function, made it a 3D Box, with 1 column and 1 row and Ranks=75. I added a 1 point black outline to the "C" which gives it a nice shading on the thick edges of the letter.
My problem is that SOMETHING is causing a line of black dots/specks to radiate out from the logo parallel to the face of the letter in both directions.

I have also tried using Photoshop to make the graphic, but when doing so, I can't add the nice 3D shading that adds depth to the logo as it skates around the ice floor.

I can upload images of my Replicator Inspector window if it would help. I've been fighting this for 2 weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ralph Parker
2x2.4 Quad Core Xeon, 8GB
Final Cut Pro 7, Motion 4, Etc.

Return to posts index

zak pericRe: Replicate spraying junk on my project!
by on Apr 3, 2011 at 7:14:31 am

Strange,

Rather than using a box, use a line and set it to 3d. Use start point to 0 and end point to line at 0 then twirl the end point and set the Z position to what ever you need, also increase the points to what ever number you need.
Let me know did this help.

Return to posts index

Ralph ParkerRe: Replicate spraying junk on my project!
by on Apr 9, 2011 at 5:06:28 pm

Thanks Zac.
I tried what you said, and while it gave me a 3-D image that was essentially identical to the image created using the Box instead of the Line, unfortunately, it gave me the same splatter as before as well.
I have reached my deadline for this project, so I had to use some lighting effects to minimize the visibility of the lines, but it'd be nice to know what's causing them.
Thanks again for the suggestion. At least you taught me another way to achieve the 3-D look for an object.

Ralph Parker
2x2.4 Quad Core Xeon, 8GB
Final Cut Pro 7, Motion 4, Etc.

Return to posts index

zak pericRe: Replicate spraying junk on my project!
by on Apr 9, 2011 at 5:22:44 pm

Sometimes it takes a lot of working out what the problem is. It is not clear most of the times what causes the problems, however a good analytical approach is always good starting point. Maybe you can email me the project I can have a look. Go to my website and leave a comment. then I will reply to it. http://www.embryo.me.uk

Speak to you soon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]