APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Is this a bug? Normal quality looks better than Best

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gareth Randall
Is this a bug? Normal quality looks better than Best
on Apr 1, 2011 at 2:34:54 pm

I've just come up against an "interesting" new issue in a 3D project. I've got two sets in 3D space with the camera flying from one to the other and then moving around the second set. For some reason, one section of the second set looks terrible in Best quality but fine in Normal.

Here it is in Best:

And here in Normal:

This difference applies in the View mode while working, and also in the exported file, assuming export quality is set to Best. I've tried trashing the prefs (it's never worked before but I'm always hopeful!) and pasting all the groups into a new project, but no change.

The images you're seeing (the stick men and the hearts) are vectors, but fortunately the originals were way bigger than my project size, so even though they've got Fixed Resolution switched off, I don't need to be in Best mode to see them with clean edges.

Is this some kind of expected behaviour under certain circumstances, or is it just a bug?

Return to posts index

Jimmylee Remillard
Re: Is this a bug? Normal quality looks better than Best
on Apr 2, 2011 at 4:55:50 am

I also found this bug while i was doing greenscreen work for a promotional video. For some reason best blurs out the image to a point that is unusable, but when set to normal it is clear and in focus. Strange but true.

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
Re: Is this a bug? Normal quality looks better than Best
on Apr 2, 2011 at 2:46:52 pm

I transferred the project to a brand-new Mac Pro at work, and I'm getting the exact same problem.

It's confined to one particular part of the project where I'm using replicators; the sections before and after are fine. Would anyone be willing to download the project with the media (it's about 300Mb) and see if they can work out what the heck is going on?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]