APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Text Animation

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan BiermanText Animation
by on Mar 31, 2011 at 4:36:47 pm

Wassup production bovines,

So I think it might be entirely likely that my new employer is going to ask me to make something like this in the very near future:

I aint never made nothin like that before ;)

But I've been studying the video frame-by-frame and I think I've got a conceptual idea of how they did this (actually not all THAT complicated as far as I can tell, just a lot of careful keyframing with ease in/ease out and a touch of motion blur... oh, and a vignette, of course ;-) )

My questions to you gurus are:

1) Am I a fool to think about doing this in Motion and is AE the only way forward with something like this? I would rather do this in Motion, but AE IS an option, I just have to learn it lol.
2) What is the best approach to ensure that the relative distances and scales between the different segments of text remain constant?

Because as far as I can tell that is one of the aspects that makes this animation SO convincing. If you go through it frame by frame, every move, every pan, every zoom, each of the elements are EXACTLY the same relative scales and distances from each other... and when I've tried to do anything remotely like this in the past that's been the thing that's dashed the illusion (ie things panning off to the side at slightly different speeds-it looks wack)

So here's hoping this isn't too rambly, you know what I'm on about, and someone can help!

Jon

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Text Animation
by on Mar 31, 2011 at 4:44:29 pm

Jonathan,
Take a look at my Apple Motion Kinetic Typography video tutorial here on the COW. I think it will have the answers you are looking for. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Jonathan BiermanRe: Text Animation
by on Mar 31, 2011 at 6:26:58 pm

Brilliant tutorial there Stephen, thanks. That will definitely help me get started.

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Text Animation
by on Mar 31, 2011 at 6:30:18 pm

Thanks for the kind words. Happy to help.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Jonathan BiermanRe: Text Animation
by on Mar 31, 2011 at 6:37:09 pm

Well you guys have been such an amazing resource - I've decided to make a commitment to getting good at Motion and I'm giving some back and buying your DVD. FEEL THE LOVE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]