APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

I MUST be missing something... like a brain.

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Abourezk
I MUST be missing something... like a brain.
on Mar 16, 2011 at 6:00:54 pm

Hi all,
In a panic on this project.

I have a few semi-related posts in regard to replicators, but this is not a replicator question (since I gave up on that).

I made a "book" by using a jpeg image for a cover, and created solid rectangles to fill in the sides. Overall, looks pretty good and I have the bookGroup locked so I don't accidentally mess it up.

I try to clone the group and only see three of the sides (with no cover).
If I try to add a replicator to the book group, I only see one of the sides of the book.

Everything is 3d, and I am horribly confused as to why I can't get this thing to work.

I have about 17 hours of time in on making this "book", (and trying to make a stack of the books).

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Matt

Talkingbox Digital Media Group, Inc.
http://www.talkingboxdmg.com
(203) 249-7718

Return to posts index

Jason Diebler
Re: I MUST be missing something... like a brain.
on Mar 17, 2011 at 3:44:41 pm

Consider using Mark Spencer's tutorial on Building 3D Objects.

http://pixelcorps.cachefly.net/macbreak-164-540p-h264a.mov

Build your 6 layers (all squares) in Photoshop. One layer is your cover, another layer is thin lines to look like pages, etc...

When you've finished building out your square cube, just squash down the Group's Y scale (to 20%ish to flatten it) and Z scale (to 70%ish to make it more rectangular like a book). You can always add other details like Text to the Group later by matching up the Text Layer's rotation/position with the Cube layer's rotation/positions.

"The deepest blues are black" - Foo Fighters
(this doesn't help me when I'm chroma keying!)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]