APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Changing the resolution in Motion?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris WigglesChanging the resolution in Motion?
by on Mar 12, 2011 at 5:36:04 am

Beginner's question:

I wasn't thinking, and used my default project settings of 1080i60 to lay out a whole animated logo thing in motion. (I usually am shooting in 1080i60 with my camera, but this is an isolated logo so it won't be dropping into a 1080i60 timeline in FCP as per my usual workflow).

I'm going to end up uploading this as 720p30.

Is it possible to change the project settings once it's all finished so it renders out of Motion in 720p30 instead of 1080i60? Seems like that would yield a better result than having compressor downscale and deinterlace after the fact...

I tried changing the project settings, but all it does is make the window smaller, and everything I brought in is now too big and falling off the edge of the frame.

If I'm missing something simple it would be nice.

If the answer is that I needed to start out by thinking about what I was doing BEFORE I started working instead of being an idiot, well, you can tell me that too! :)

Regards,
Chris

Return to posts index

Chris WigglesRe: Changing the resolution in Motion?
by on Mar 12, 2011 at 6:20:00 am

Think I answered my own question with the Export settings, just changed it to 720p and voila! Duh. :|

I wonder though, if this causes any degradation compared to doing everything 720p to begin with...? Seems to look pretty good to me!

Regards,
Chris

Return to posts index

Andy NeilRe: Changing the resolution in Motion?
by on Mar 12, 2011 at 7:38:36 am

You're probably fine because both settings are dealing with a 29.97 frame rate. Where you really run into trouble is if you are scaling UP, or changing frame rate. In those circumstances you really need to just copy the groups to a new project.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

zak pericRe: Changing the resolution in Motion?
by on Mar 12, 2011 at 8:23:44 am

You have to select all of your layers and groups and resize them accordingly to your new layout. There are no oter way. I hope this helps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]