APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Motion 2 Plugins

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graeme Nattress
Motion 2 Plugins
on Aug 24, 2005 at 10:52:05 pm

I'm working on producing some Motion 2 plugins. Other than a version of Film Effects, what would you like to see me create? Are there any obvious gaps in the Motion effects set that need to be filled?

Graeme

- http://www.nattress.com - Film Effects and Standards Conversion for FCP

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
Re: Motion 2 Plugins
on Aug 26, 2005 at 4:48:59 pm

realtime 3-way color corrector would be nice - with curves...

- No Parking Production -

FCP 4.5, Dual G5, X-Raid

Return to posts index

alan lacey
on Aug 26, 2005 at 5:35:50 pm

I'm a newbie to Motion but couldn't find a nice slomo option.

Alan

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Aug 28, 2005 at 10:42:40 am

Motion has a nice slo-mo option: you'll get an optical-flow filter when you register.

@ Graeme: I'm really looking foward to seeing your G Sharper in Motion, as well as the up-rezzer when it's ready.

And I'll second the need for a good color-corrector, maybe with secondary correction in luma ranges?

Until now, I need to change to Color Finesse for that, which doesn't like Motion.

Best regards,

Uli

Author of "DVDs gestalten und produzieren", a book on professional DVD-authoring in German.

Return to posts index

alan lacey
on Aug 28, 2005 at 6:20:18 pm

Thanks Uli, I'll look out for it - I thought I'd registered my FCP studio upgrade.

Alan

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Sep 6, 2005 at 12:28:13 pm

Had a look at the optical flow filter. It is under the blur menu. How do you use it for slo-mo?

- No Parking Production -

FCP 4.5, Dual G5, X-Raid

Return to posts index

klthomas
on Aug 28, 2005 at 9:42:06 pm

This may sound pretty complicated, but is a tracker possible? Also some others would be:

-A more controllable edge rays that you can turn off and on cleanly for those quick pops without resorting to fading a layer.
-I'll second a more complete one shot color corrector. One with brightness, contrast, gamma and color channel adjustments.
-A more advanced 3d node where you can offset the pivot and scale forwards
-RGB channel offsets
-film grain/animated noise.
-Something like The Foundry's Bad TV

That's all for now.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Philip Hodgetts
on Aug 28, 2005 at 10:58:16 pm

Bevel alpha - I loved that plug-in in After Effects. Motion has Bevel but I can't find a way to make it bevel just the alpha channel. (Of course, I searched the forum and google first to make sure I wasn't missing a simple way to do this already - but if there is I'd love to find out.)

Cheers

philip

Philip Hodgetts
http://www.proapps-hub.com
The ProApp-Hub: The convenient way to the best of what's free and everything else you need to be productive and creative with Apple's Professional audio and video Applications

Download Now proapps-hub

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
on Aug 29, 2005 at 5:28:46 pm

Graeme:

How about a vectorize/outline plug-in that could evalute alpha or luma edges and create vector shapes from them automatically?

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

Rene Coffey
on Aug 30, 2005 at 1:40:00 pm

Excellent idea Jim.

Return to posts index

todd sali
on Aug 30, 2005 at 7:26:15 pm

I would love to have some simple clone/paint function for removing dust/dirt/red hot spots from moving images.
Is that possible with a plug? or does it need to be built into the app?

-3 way CC is of course greatly needed. though it should have an analogous version for AE and FCP so one could make the migration around and save color correct work(thinking auto duck here for the migration).

Cheers,
Todd

Return to posts index

EditBay1
on Sep 1, 2005 at 2:30:27 pm

Could be ignorant on this one...but unable to find it...how about a simple plugin that can distress text...you know, break some of the edges, chip or sponge out some of the text face....that sort of thing

Moving images | Moving brands

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]