APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Switchin gto Motion...

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dwaynne Villiers
Switchin gto Motion...
on May 29, 2005 at 2:28:02 am

hi guys -

i am a combustion 4 PC user and i'm thinking about switching to Mac and going with Motion for my motion graphics work. Generally, how does Motion stack up against Combustion 4?

Does motion have vector paint? Does it have z-depth? Does it integrate well with audio natively (without going into Logic)? I can't tell from the write-up on Apple.com,

Thanks a lot in advance for any assistance. What I have seen so far REEEEEEEEEEEAAAALLY impresses me and I hope that the app has these functionalities (vector paint, z-depth).

Thanks again
Dwaynne

Return to posts index

VideoManSF
Re: Switchin gto Motion...
on May 29, 2005 at 3:37:32 am

[Dwaynne Villiers] "Does motion have vector paint? Does it have z-depth? Does it integrate well with audio natively (without going into Logic)? I can't tell from the write-up on Apple.com,
"

No, No, and No. motion is a basic, but very fast compositor and MOGO creator. In no way is it meant to do great special effects. I use AE, Shake 3, and combustion 3 for that work. But, if you need out and out speed with broadcast results, then motion is the app for you.

This apple video sums up all that motion can do very well.

http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/motion/customerstory.html

VM

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Switchin gto Motion...
on May 29, 2005 at 4:16:23 am

Yup- Motion is a good thing to use _with_ Combustion but definitely not instead of.

Noah

Return to posts index

Dwaynne Villiers
Re: Switching to Motion...
on May 29, 2005 at 3:38:00 pm

thanx for the quick response guys. i know shake has 3d multiplane compositing...and i take it that motion 2 doesnt. what does the basic 3d plugin do? can 3d be 'faked' then? in the customer story online, the rock the vote spot has what looks like 3d, but i am not sure if they just manipulated 2d to look like that, or if it was just motion alone being featured.

any advice more than welcome. thanx again.

Return to posts index

VideoManSF
on May 30, 2005 at 7:18:33 am

Rock the vote is all 2d. No 3d, no Z. I have not used said plugin. Ask a VAR in your area for a demo.

VM

Return to posts index

Dwaynne Villiers
on May 30, 2005 at 2:26:16 pm

yeah videomansf i watched it again and realised it was all 2d. i am in trinidad & tobago, and we dont have an apple store around. there are one or two resellers, i'll see if they have the app so i can check it out. thanks, man.

Return to posts index

scot walker
on May 30, 2005 at 4:52:25 pm

There will soon be a version 2 demo you can download. Version 1 is still up. Go to the Motion page at apple.com.

Return to posts index

Dwaynne Villiers
on May 30, 2005 at 7:45:10 pm

yeah...i just need to find some kind soul who owns a mac so i can see it in action...:)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]