APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Okay, I am sorry, motion 2 is a dream... AE to Motion book?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
VideoManSF
Okay, I am sorry, motion 2 is a dream... AE to Motion book?
on May 23, 2005 at 4:31:46 am

I was not impressed with motion 1, and felt that I had no reason to sink sink $300 into a MOGO program when AE 6.5 was my tried and true work flow. I now find myself eating my words. I bought the studio upgrade for DVDSP4 and STP, and thought that I might as well get motion for free. Also I just bought a G5 dual 2.7GHz, 4GB ram, ATI X800XT, ATTO UL4D and Medea RTRx 1.6TB raid, kona 2 (upgrade from a dual 2, aja io). Yes, I find it odd that $12K of computer is running a $300 app, but I just have to come out and say that in the last few days I have done more in motion than I have in the past month in AE. The FCP5 integration is the true key to motion. Final Cut handles the exports and imports and it all just bloody works. YUV levels don't shift, timebases don't get messed up, DF doesn't change to NDF, and I don't miss keyframes. I was even able to compose a teaser, tos, and tag for the news in real time and stream it out over SDI, through the patch, and up to the MC without rendering during a 3 minute bump. If your thinking about motion and you work in news, there is no better solution. Now if I could just get motion to overly in the DSK (downstream key) live... Anyone know a good book on motion for the AE guy?

72 hours of bliss and counting,
Happy MOGO,
VM

Return to posts index

Dave Hardy
Re: Okay, I am sorry, motion 2 is a dream... AE to Motion book?
on May 23, 2005 at 6:16:02 pm

Damian Allen's book Motion in the APPLE PRO TRAINING SERIES has Appendix A Motion for After Effects Users (19 pages).

Dave

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
Re: Okay, I am sorry, motion 2 is a dream... AE to Motion book?
on May 25, 2005 at 7:41:12 pm

What would you want to see in such a book?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]