BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Podcasting?

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Ball
Podcasting?
on Jul 25, 2020 at 8:42:36 pm

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here know much about producing live podcasts? I'm trying to work with a client who wants us to produce these on a bi-weekly basis.

Thanks.

Greg Ball, President
Ball Media Innovations, Inc.
https://www.ballmediainnovations.com

Return to posts index

Wayne Keyser
Re: Podcasting?
on Jul 25, 2020 at 9:29:38 pm

Stray thoughts:

YouTube can offer many suggestions.

Free Audacity software works very well.

Publishing in mono takes half the download bandwidth of stereo, if that's an issue.

There are free hosting sites available, and of course the (justifiably hated) iTunes. (I choose to pay for a website where all episodes are permanently downloadable - see ballycast.com)

A WordPress blog works very well as an episode-by-episode podcast publishing platform.

Don't forget to add a good thumbnail to the file as an "album cover", use mp3tag free software to get all of the metadata the way you want them.

Filezilla free software to upload episodes to the blog.

Standardize episode titles - I do it life this - ballycast-015-2008-04-16.mp3 (podcast name, episode number, date, you may wish to add subject but I do that in metadata)

Cheap newer brand usb microphone works just fine.

You'll have to figure out how best to record phone interviews, probably.

Periodically "on the air" invite subscriptions, invite interviewees, invite input.

=============

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Podcasting?
on Jul 26, 2020 at 2:21:43 am

Lot of great suggestions already. Mine is, if there are multiple people in different locations, use skype and headphones or a hardline phone to conduct the conversation, but have each remote participant record themselves locally on something like a Teac or Zoom audio recorder, (inexpensive, mailable to people that don't have one) then FTP you their locally grabbed audio files. You can hand-align them, but FCP or Premiere I know will automatically align all the tracks by waveform for you, then you can run thru to edit, sweeten, and do mixing, etc. and this will sound like you're all in NPR Studio B.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]