BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Constructive Feedback

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yiorgos Moustakis
Constructive Feedback
on Feb 21, 2020 at 9:46:10 pm

I am a filmmaker / videographer and would appreciate some constructive feedback on my videography work.

Although clients and friends seem to like my work, the engagement rate (shares/likes) of my commercial content is very low and I am thinking I must be doing something wrong. It would greatly help me if you could have a look and give me some notes about what you think it does not work. Pacing/ editing/ photography/ color-grading, something else?

Here is the Vimeo link: https://vimeo.com/showcase/1726872

For speed’s sake I am reposting this to other forums, with the hope to get as much feedback as possible to improve things asap.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Wayne Keyser
Re: Constructive Feedback
on Feb 22, 2020 at 6:52:25 am

Your friends will always say "very nice", and they might be surprised that you can shoot and edit at all, but do they know enough to really evaluate it?

Nice shots, IMO, but there's too much "air" in there - you could trim a lot that doesn't actually contain action. Tighten it up.

=============

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
Re: Constructive Feedback
on Feb 25, 2020 at 7:56:15 pm

Please don't take this the wrong way. The best way of learning and growing is by doing what you did. Ask for critiques.

That being said, most of your videos lack emotion. You need more close-ups of people, and items they are working on. You need to pull the viewer in so they are emotionally connected. The sound quality of your interviews has too much echo on them. You also need to think about who you are trying to target as your market. Appeal to them! For example a yoga video is boring without hearing from some of the participants. Why are they there, how does Yoga help them, etc.

Your dance video needs better shots of feet, hands faces, etc. The strobing is old school.

All of your videos need better lighting.

Good luck.

Greg Ball, President
Ball Media Innovations, Inc.
https://www.ballmediainnovations.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]