BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Just for fun... Memory lane, a past life

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Terry
Just for fun... Memory lane, a past life
on Jan 29, 2020 at 8:27:07 pm

Just thought some in here might be amused by this...

Last summer I bought a new (to me) house, and had the pleasure (read: horror) of moving. Every time I've ever moved my home or office I've always said "That's it... they're going to have to carry my cold dead corpse out of here." It's so painful.

But you do find interesting stuff you thought you'd lost. Some of you know that back when the dinosaurs roamed long before I was a wannabe movie director I was a wannabe actor. Well, just now rummaging through an ancient box of stuff that hasn't been opened in decades I found my..... SAG card.

Ahh... the follies of youth. Also reminds me that my dues are late... by about 25 years.

Four things of note, though:

1) I don't know why it looks so nasty, I'm a fairly clean person (years in an old wallet I guess)

2) Apparently dot matrix printing was still a thing in '91

3) There was another person with my name already in the Screen Actors Guild, so my SAG name is my first and middle names (hey, just like Tom Cruise... or Jon Stewart)

4) If anyone ever thinks I'm a wimp, I can prove I was once an actual Teamster. They're tough, right?

Now let's see what else I can find.......

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
Re: Just for fun... Memory lane, a past life
on Jan 29, 2020 at 9:24:55 pm

Cool!
Nov 1, '91 was opening day for Final Focus!

Steve

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Jan 30, 2020 at 12:49:56 am

Hmm, I still have my 3.5" floppy discs for AfterEffects 2.0. There are 6 of them.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 3, 2020 at 5:36:14 pm

In my boxes of memorabilia is a dub of a PSA shot in my studio with a super-young freshman Illinois state senator. Very articulate guy, out of an assembly-line parade of about ten legislators coming thru to read off the prompter and split, he made my work easy with his poise and skill in oratory. Had a funny-sounding name, partly Irish, maybe. O'bama, it was. That guy is going places, I thought.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]