BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Becoming a freelance video editor in the UK

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Gregory
Becoming a freelance video editor in the UK
on Jun 28, 2019 at 10:04:41 am

Good Morning Everyone,

Apologies if this is not the correct forum but I'm looking for someone who can point me in the right direction of the following.

I am a full time video editor at a small tv channel here in England, the company is poorly run and I feel like my skills are diminishing staying here any longer. I pay for half of my remote office desk and all the editing equipment is my own not the companies and I have begun to take on freelance clients in my spare time.

Now the can of worms - if anyone who works a full time job and freelances at a 2nd job has any advice on if they set up as a limited company or sole trader or can recommend some places that provide good information on the pros and cons of both, especially in reference to being a video editor.

Many Thanks
Neil

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Becoming a freelance video editor in the UK
on Jun 28, 2019 at 5:41:26 pm

Well, in the US I always recommend a book called "Inc. Yourself" and it gives all kinds of great tips on working for yourself and all the different ways to organize your company...but that's in the US.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]