BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Cross-posted: VR attraction ideas needed

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Cross-posted: VR attraction ideas needed
on Jun 6, 2019 at 4:28:25 pm

What I have is some old archival POV footage of a trotting horse race, from the late 30's, taken from the rolling gate truck, and nearly the same shot, taken the same way, on a GoPro from just a couple years ago. For a sort of trade booth attraction "experience" I want to synch these two clips, play them into a cheap VR headset (they are not 3d clips) and give the viewer some kind of button or other control to alternate between the synched clips as they play back. As with everything I get to work on, there is like, zero budget to pull this off. I'm looking for tech ideas and suggestions on how to economically do this, using something like the "cardboard" VR viewing goggles and a smartphone, or anything like that. The key ingredient to me is having he viewer be able to control a wipe or bang-bang-switch between the 'A" and "B" shots.

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
Re: Cross-posted: VR attraction ideas needed
on Jun 8, 2019 at 10:42:54 pm

A - it’s not cheap unless you can program in unity or unreal
B - it’s not cheap unless you can create a VR environment in fusion or mystika or nuke, and even then, you need A - someone who can export this to unity or unreal to create the game experience
C - it’s not cheap unless you are happy with google cardboard (which is kind of sucky)
D - the only very cheap way I can think of doing it is by using after effects and then exporting from there to unity or unreal engine, but that still requires unity/unreal knowledge

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]