BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Any opinions on the MacPro first look today?

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Rubasch
Any opinions on the MacPro first look today?
on Jun 3, 2019 at 8:22:02 pm

Looked like the MacPro is back....priced to start around the iMacPro but upgradable....8 PCI slots? Awesome! And lots of room for growth in the RAM and GPU department....plus Apple's own video card....is it I/O or just output?

Got my interest....Any mention of axing Quicktime?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
Re: Any opinions on the MacPro first look today?
on Jun 4, 2019 at 10:22:21 am

Its power and adaptability are impressive.

Early days, but I read a few of the comments on one of the Apple fan sites, and the consensus is that it will cost a lot more to equip to its full potential, but for professionals who can charge enough, it will be well worth it.

I will wait to see what a moderately-equipped MacPro costs, but I suspect that my upgrade path will probably be the iMac Pro or even a PC.

Bob C

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 5, 2019 at 12:50:19 am

While the outside looks even MORE cheese gratery than the first one...the internals are impressive. And I'll be getting the second generation version...maybe. If they wait 1 year between versions, I'll do this, if they go MULTIPLE years...maybe not. Next spring though...it's on my list

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 5, 2019 at 3:13:38 pm

The modularity appeals to me, suggesting that later upgrades and life extension might be easier to do than before. It would be exciting to see some additional hardware options from secondary suppliers come out of that, but baby steps.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 15, 2019 at 9:31:42 pm

I think it looks cool. I have to say, I love my iMac Pro which comes with a great monitor. Has anyone done any comparisons between the iMac Pro and the iMac? I guess we have to wait until you can price out the computer to really get an apple to apple comparison on the apple.

Stephen Smith

Savvy Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Jun 24, 2019 at 9:42:29 pm

Love our two iMac Pros....Dongling off the back is a pain and wish it had two ethernet ports native.

Stephen do you use a dock for your iMac Pro and what model did you get?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 24, 2019 at 11:05:12 pm

I don't have any docs for our iMacPro's. We have a server that connects our computers. Because of the server, it takes up 1 ethernet port so I have a Belkin USB Type-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter for the internet. DaVinci Resolve dongle eats up a USB port plus connecting to my second monitor. But because we are on a server I don't have a million hard drives hooked to the computer so I typically always have 1 USB and Thunderbolt ports available. That being said, on my old (2015) iMac available ports was always a problem. So I agree, 2 ethernet ports would be way better. I have to say, I love the screen that you get included with an iMacPro. It will stink to have to purchase the MacPro and a kick butt monitor.

Stephen Smith

Savvy Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]