BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Anyone here in Las Vegas?

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Terry
Anyone here in Las Vegas?
on May 22, 2019 at 4:07:36 pm

Is anyone here in Vegas?... can't remember.

Got a three-day shoot there in a couple of weeks, and I thought I'd see if any of my COW friends were local. You never know what kind of "emergencies" will crop up and it's good to have a friendly source on location.

The last time I had to shoot in Vegas there was last year and included a midnight scramble trying to find gear for a shoot that was happening at 7:30am.... because the airline was kind enough to lose one of our equipment cases. And I mean lose... as in, "We have no idea where it is." They finally found it and brought it to our hotel... after we had already departed for home a week later. Grrr.

So... if anyone here is in Vegas, gimme a shout.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
Re: Anyone here in Las Vegas?
on Jun 4, 2019 at 10:12:21 am

Hi Todd,

I tried to send you an email with a couple of names, but it got returned. I’ve never worked with them, but here are a couple of names (DPs, I think) for support, or leads to where you can get support, in Las Vegas:

Bill Johnson: 702.349.6212
Robert Starling: 702.474.0041 (Steadicam operator) http://www.starling.com

Good luck! If these guys are not helpful please let me know and I’ll ask a friend who’s shot there more recently for his input.

bob

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Anyone here in Las Vegas?
on Jun 4, 2019 at 2:46:59 pm

Ahh... that was you, Bob. I was out on a location shoot, and the editor who answered the call said that somebody called about that, but would email. I guess you were that somebody. Sorry the email didn't go through, I have no idea why.

Thanks, I'll put these names on my list o' Vegas people.

I was able to also hook up with (what seems like) a very good production company there, thanks to the COW's "services" section.

I'll be shooting there starting a week from today, and am not looking forward to it. We shoot in Vegas about once a year, sometimes twice... and while the place itself it interesting, the heat is not (and we always have to go in summer). I think last year it was something like 116 degrees. In the shade. At midnight. Fun.

Thanks!

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]