BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

OK Really How Do I Market This Thing

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roy Schneider
OK Really How Do I Market This Thing
on Mar 7, 2019 at 5:44:43 pm

Howdy Y'all:
So I have been around a long while in this business and have been blessed with a pretty successful career so far. I have a full-time editing gig, and have run my own full-service production company on the side for around 15 years.

The Production Company has always been a project by project thing, and was sustained by Word of Mouth advertising only. Things are a little slow and I honestly don't have any clue of how to market this thing.

I have 3 websites one for Production
http://vintageproductiongroup.com/

One for Editing Services
https://www.videoeditingservicesli.com/

One for Food Photography
https://www.gourmetfoodphotography.com/

I am one of those anomalies that Can Produce, Direct, Shoot, and Edit at a very high level. I try and keep my pricing in the realm that small businesses can afford to work with me. My Production work ranges from Restaurant Marketing, Small Business Marketing, Business Profiles, Music Videos, Concert Videos, Real Estate, Drone Photography, Commercials and even some Broadcast Programming.

I know so many businesses need video marketing, but they don't know that, so it becomes a real sales job... Who do I market too? How do I Market too them?

Any Thoughts?

Thanks Y'all!

Long Live the Cow
Roy Schneider
Executive Producer
Vintage Production Group
516-659-4596

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: OK Really How Do I Market This Thing
on Mar 7, 2019 at 9:27:15 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Mar 7, 2019 at 9:28:10 pm

One idea off the top of my head would be, locate the nearest "business incubator" and offer to do all the "in-house" production for every business there, at a higher quality level than they can do "DIY", for a shared fee between them. At any one moment, one of the several companies in the incubator has to need some video production services and help with promotions. As established companies graduate out of the incubator, you can follow them and become their exclusive "in-house" supplier, do this for several of the "graduates", and/ or stay at the incubator to help the next incoming business.

I suspect there are a couple of big-time food distributors in your area that supply all the restaurants and institutional kitchens. I'd pitch your food photography to these suppliers, to help promote more of their wares to the various restaurants, and then you leverage that connection to hit the individual restaurants as well. You might also pitch the training office at a large restaurant franchising outfit - they might already have all their production done in-house or on contract, but sometimes, there might be specialty projects that pop up, which you could service.

Return to posts index

Roy Schneider
Re: OK Really How Do I Market This Thing
on Mar 12, 2019 at 6:16:48 pm

Mark both great Ideas! Thanks! Will look into this.

Long Live the Cow
Roy Schneider
Executive Producer
Vintage Production Group
516-659-4596

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]