BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Using Photos and Videos for Political Facebook videos

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Ball
Using Photos and Videos for Political Facebook videos
on Oct 10, 2018 at 4:36:52 pm

I'm creating a Facebook video and website video for a congressman. No charge.

I'd like to use photos/videos of his opponents and also some key areas that he's been involved in.

I'm wondering what we can use for free? Any thoughts?

Greg Ball, President
Ball Media Innovations, Inc.
https://www.ballmediainnovations.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Using Photos and Videos for Political Facebook videos
on Oct 10, 2018 at 8:36:03 pm

You can use what his campaign has paid for and owns and gives you. News clips will need clearance and a fee from the TV station and/or network. Same for newspaper stills.

Screen-capping the other side's commercials to pull shots and quotes from is iffy territory; better ask a lawyer.

This is one of the reasons to pay for a campaign "tracker": he or she does nothing but follow the target everywhere, recording all the time. If a situation comes up where the target person makes a useful quote, you can buy it from the tracker straight away, rather than deal with the TV stations. The tracker's angle may be a little different and framing or sound may not always be as good, but you own the footage free and clear.

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: Using Photos and Videos for Political Facebook videos
on Nov 2, 2018 at 12:18:05 am

That said, think about just using puppets. Nobody watches political videos so the views will be the same.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]