BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Anyone here in Vegas?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Terry
Anyone here in Vegas?
on Jun 12, 2018 at 5:23:29 pm

Hi gang...

I'm sitting in my hometown airport waiting to board for a quick trip to Las Vegas, will be shooting there this week.

I can't remember, are any of my B&M Cow friends based there? I think it's always a good idea when traveling for shoots to know at least someone in the biz ... just in case some emergency location needs crop up.

It's sad that I know many people in here pretty darn well... but I could tell you where very few of them live.

Thanks!

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
HELP!!
on Jun 13, 2018 at 3:06:34 am
Last Edited By Todd Terry on Jun 13, 2018 at 3:07:17 am

Well, we've arrived in Vegas, but not all of our cases did... one of them is still stuck in Houston.

They hope to be able to deliver it by midnight, but I'm not super hopeful.

It contained our light stands, tripod, mic boom, and slider. Is anyone here in town that might be able to help with gear in a pinch? We are expected to be shooting on location at 7:30 in the morning!

Thanks much,

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
Re:
on Jun 13, 2018 at 8:21:59 pm

How did it work out Todd? That’s crappy flight service.

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Re:
on Jun 13, 2018 at 9:47:52 pm

Well, Tom, it hasn't worked out yet...

Our case is still in Houston... supposedly.

Actually they can't quite seem to put their fingers on it right now. We're in Vegas, trying to make do. Fortunately the COW Services listing led me to someone who led me to someone who helped us make arrangements at midnight last night to get some of the things we need.

We're still hurting a bit for proper gear but limping by.

Oh well, on the upside, it's only a 108 degrees here.

But you know, it's a dry heat.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Re:
on Jun 14, 2018 at 2:48:50 pm

I gotta wonder if it isn't better to not use the plane at all for taking the gear along, and to use another method like overnight delivery. If the most crucial gear is able to fit in carry-on (and is allowed), I'd rather carry it on with me and gamble on my clothes and toiletries, which are more easily replaced, making it too.

The "is allowed" part is, I'm sure, a moving target. Between TSA and mercurial decisions by airline ticketing baggage people, changing the rules and adding surprise fees at the last second, I don't know how traveling shooters can reliably take *anything* with them on planes any more. In a situation like this, the entire trip could end up losing you money in a worst-case scenario.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]