BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Anyone in here shoot Canon C300 Mark II?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Terry
Anyone in here shoot Canon C300 Mark II?
on Apr 10, 2018 at 5:41:56 pm

Hi Biz&Marketers...

I made a similar inquiry in Cinematography, but I'm asking in here too...

Does anyone in here shoot with the Canon C300 Mark II? I usually shoot with my trusty pre-Mark II C300PL, but we just did a shoot in Greece with a rented Mark II and am having some import issues with the .MXF files.

To help with with some tests I'm in need of a 4K snippet of Canon C300 Mark II test footage (I don't care if it is log or with a baked-in profile).

All my online searches only yield test footage that people have put on Vimeo, YouTube etc... but what I need is the ORIGINAL camera file, exact and straight from the camera card, as-is... not converted or processed in any way, and not exported/merged with the Canon XF Utility. Just a clone of something straight from the card. It can be anything, and can be very short, even just a couple of seconds or so, to keep the file size managable.

Can anyone help? I'd be forever in your debt. todd(at)fantasticplastic(dot)com

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Anyone in here shoot Canon C300 Mark II?
on Apr 10, 2018 at 9:23:43 pm

I've got some pretty Subway lettuce fields....let me see if I can dig one up.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Apr 11, 2018 at 6:44:41 pm

Todd, email me and I'll send a link.

rjr@tiltmedia.com

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Ned Miller
on Apr 12, 2018 at 8:26:10 pm

Hi Todd,

I once had a similar problem with a different camera so my solution would be:

Call a rental facility you have once used, that has that model camera, FedEx them a card of yours, ask them to please format the card in their camera, roll 60 seconds of bars at the settings you need, and send it back in the stamped self address envelope you provide. Most people like to help and it would be no bother to them.

Good luck,

Ned

Ned Miller
Chicago Videographer
http://www.nedmiller.com

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Apr 12, 2018 at 8:43:02 pm

Thanks Ned...

That would be a good suggestion... except... thanks to a couple of my COW friends we have now tried three different video sources, recorded onto three different cards, and shot with three different C300 Mark II cameras, and in three different edit suites.... all with the same results.

In none of the cases will the Canon XF utility allow us to "Export to MXF"... the option is simply grayed out. We can view card contents, back it up, set it as virtual media... everything except export MXF files.

If we then pick through all the folders and subfolders (with our bare hands like an animal) and pull out all the individual MXF files... then we can import those into Premiere in our CC suite, but not into either of our CS6 suites. I'm not sure why, since we import non-Mark II C300 footage into those suites daily, and edit 4K (from other sources) in there with ease as well. It's just the combo of C300 Mark II and 4K that seems troublesome. Which, of course, is exactly the combo I need.

And Canon has been no help about it.

Of course, this is a much more technical post than the B&M forum usually warrants, but I wanted to respond.

It's a puzzler...

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Ned Miller
on Apr 12, 2018 at 9:39:39 pm

Oh! That's a big mystery, over my head. However, there is one post guy I know who knows everything that there is possible to know about all post and that is Shane Ross, do you know him? He's a Cow Leader. I used to shoot TV shows for 1895 Films in LA, where Shane lives, and he was, or still is, their editor. Sorry, I don't have his contact info but you can search this site and PM him. Id' shoot up the Bat Signal for him.

Ned Miller
Chicago Videographer
http://www.nedmiller.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]