BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Who needs my Steadicam? C'mon, look like a big shot!

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Terry
Who needs my Steadicam? C'mon, look like a big shot!
on Feb 14, 2018 at 7:05:30 pm
Last Edited By Todd Terry on Feb 14, 2018 at 7:08:30 pm

Hey kids...

I posted this over in Classifieds, but there looks to be less-than-zero traffic over there these days so I hope the COW Gods don't mind me cross-posting this for my friends in here and in the Cinematography forums.

I have a full-size Steadicam rig that sees a lot of travel. It frequently moves from one shelf to a higher shelf, over to a different shelf, to a spot on the floor behind the cyc, back to it's original shelf. You get the idea. What it doesn't do it travel onto real shoots much... I just don't use it anymore. It desparately needs a new home, and I need the stage real estate back. I primarily used it when shooting 35mm film, and all of my 16mm and 35mm gear is long gone to new homes.

This is my fourth Steadicam rig I've owned through the years. I actually sold my second one to George Lucas (personally... long story... and I have no idea why he wanted it, but I still have the bill of sale).

Any takers? I know it's a small-camera world these days, but there still is call for flying some of the bigger cameras, and the SK model is perfect for a RED setup, Arri Alexa, etc. Since there is lots of info I threw all the details (and bunches of pics) up on a web page at http://fantasticplastic.com/steadicam

And here it is, stylishly modeled by our general manager Phil, as he deftly pretends to know what he is doing (hey, I was taking the picture... I can't do everything).

Let's give this baby a new home!

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: Who needs my Steadicam? C'mon, look like a big shot!
on Feb 28, 2018 at 9:51:51 pm

Todd-

Please stop tempting me! My back aches just THINKING about stepping into a Stedicam at my age.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Who needs my Steadicam? C'mon, look like a big shot!
on Feb 28, 2018 at 10:21:00 pm

Oh Nick, Nick, Nick.... stop selling yourself short, we all know you have the strength of 10 men.

It's not the ginormous master series rig, anyway (the "widowmaker")... you wouldn't even know you're wearing it.

I'm looking... I know I have your shipping address around here somewhere........

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]