BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

How much would you charge for these videos ?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shirley Foster
How much would you charge for these videos ?
on Nov 29, 2017 at 5:06:41 pm

Hello,

I am new to this. I have always had an interest in animation, especially 2d anime style animation and sprite Animation. I was looking into partnering with a freelancer to create an animated business overview video or two based on few ideas I have about business videos.
What I need to is, if someone asked you if you could create a 2 minute long animation with the same level action as in the video below using premade sprites, how much would you charge them? I went through many resources and also checked any other animation works but did not find anything interesting. Please help me

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: How much would you charge for these videos ?
on Nov 29, 2017 at 7:26:27 pm

Don't see a link to the video, so I can't say regarding cost.

But I can say, I'm not a fan of canned generic animations in general. I believe the most effective animations are custom-built to the specific needs of each client - "bespoke", if you will. Not to say you can't save a buck by using some pre-generated elements, templates, and assets, as long as those too are customized.

A boilerplate or template animation risks not being specific enough to a client to really be effective, or something about it may not be the best fit with their own aesthetic, brand, or message.

If you only offer something that's mostly boilerplate, two things happen: if it's cheap enough, too many people may end up using it right away, and it becomes something meme-worthy, ripe for parody, and for criticism that your client is unimaginative or imitative. Does your client want any of that potential distraction?

Second, if you limit yourself to making templated media, everybody burns out on your '"look", and then nobody buys it. The next thing you make will then have to be radically different in every way, or you'll sort of get "type cast" or pigeon-holed as the source for one particular thing. Why limit yourself?

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
Re: How much would you charge for these videos ?
on Nov 30, 2017 at 2:48:58 pm

As Mark said, there is no link

Greg Ball, President
Ball Media Innovations, Inc.
https://www.ballmediainnovations.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]