BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Contributions Needed For Video Marketing Book

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Vaughan-Mountford
Contributions Needed For Video Marketing Book
on Oct 24, 2017 at 10:32:43 am

Hi everyone,

I've spent the past couple of years writing a book aimed at people fresh to offering their production services on a professional basis.

I found that a lot of business and marketing books don't always serve people in the creative industries especially well. Our businesses have nuances and eccentricities that more formal 'corporate' professions don't. It's a book about how to run an effective and profitable production company (or one-man operation) that will last - how to find work, how to pitch, how to maintain good client communication, the strategies pros have in place to avoid pitfalls etc.

Most of the book is written from my own experience (almost 20 years) in the production industry - but I'm hoping for anecdotal contributions from others in the video business to add to my own. For example:

• A shoot that would have gone terribly wrong if you hadn't done 'x'.

• A client who chose you over a competitor because you really understood 'x'.

• How you retain a major client by the amazing way you do 'x' for them.

• A tale of woe when a client turned into a nightmare and you were justified in walking away.

• A tale of a healthy client relationship that has just got better with time... what's the secret?

• Naturally, I'm happy to attribute all contributions - even 'top tip' style soundbites. I'm hoping to get this published next year.

Many thanks in advance,
    Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]