BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Don't you hate it???

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Terry
Don't you hate it???
on Aug 28, 2017 at 9:01:54 pm

Just an exasperated rant I thought I'd share...

We're prepping for a big location shoot tomorrow... and found this little blue screw in the bottom of the main camera case...

It's not too unusual for such parts to work their way loose in travel. And I'd be thrilled that I found it...
IF I KNEW WHAT IT WENT TO!!

We have scoured the gear, every part, no matter how small or insignificant. Nothing is missing any screws, knobs, nuts, or bolts. Furthermore, only one company that we have ever used uses this exact shade of blue finish... and we have only one piece of equipment from them (a follow-focus unit), and it isn't missing any parts.

Arrrrghh.

Ok, rant over. Back to your regularly-scheduled Monday.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
Re: Don't you hate it???
on Aug 28, 2017 at 10:49:45 pm

Matte box. Looks exactly like the matte box screws that always fall out whenever we are travelling to a shoot.

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Aug 28, 2017 at 10:53:37 pm

Makes sense, Tom... but I have three matte boxes and not one of them uses any blue hardware. Nor is missing anything. It's a puzzler!

I'm guessing something will turn up...

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Aug 29, 2017 at 12:52:25 am

I carry blue, red and silver screws that I find at hardware stores....they are always unique and somewhat unusual....in my pocket. I drop them into random gear cases after a shoot and they never know where the heck they came from.

Actually no, but the matte box thing makes sense.

Anyone see a battery back for a GoPro 4?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Chuck Johnson
on Aug 29, 2017 at 1:50:15 am

Todd,

I have found odds and ends myself when putting gear away. Inevitably, the grip, AC or PA found something while on location and thought it was "something important" and threw it into the camera case for safe-keeping!

We had a shoot at a BlockBuster distribution center once in Dallas and this happened. Ended up being a red screw from metal shelves.

Regards,

Chuck
Big Bad Wolf

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 30, 2017 at 2:43:08 pm

Rich, I HAVE done this, long ago, as an April Fool prank on our engineer; knowing he just finished putting a camera back together, I planted a handful of "extra" screws under it, so when he picked up the camera, he'd see them and think he'd missed putting a few back in. I only let him dangle for about thirty seconds before 'fessing up, but the reaction was priceless.

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Sep 6, 2017 at 5:10:50 pm

Todd, thank you so much!

I lost a blue screw while browsing this website - please send it asap.

Bob C

Return to posts index

Mariah Walters
on Sep 28, 2017 at 7:40:51 pm

I really do hate when that happens! Usually I hang on to it and eventually discover what it goes to but it is certainly frustrating in the meantime.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]