BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

A USB Cable rant...

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Terry
A USB Cable rant...
on May 18, 2017 at 3:57:16 pm

This is nothing important, just something I thought I'd share from the "Whaaaaaaa?" department.

Ok, what's the biggest gripe about USB cables? I think it's universally the fact that on the first connection attempt you invariably have the cable upside down. I think technically the chances of getting it right are 50%... but it really seems more like there's about a 75% chance of being wrong on the first try. My editor Joey jokes that it always takes him three tries.

I recently needed a right-angle connector for something, and I bought this little guy which just arrived.

You can use it EITHER WAY!! Plug it in one way, pull it out and flip it over, and plug it right back in the other way.

Whaaaaaaa????

Which to me begs the question, if this is possible then WHY AREN'T ALL USB CABLES MADE LIKE THIS??

Maybe this is known technology that has been around forever and everyone else is familiar with it... but it was brand new to me.

Rant over. But I still wonder.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: A USB Cable rant...
on May 23, 2017 at 8:55:06 pm

I know! It costs more to do it this way! That's it!

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]