BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Best LED-light to light a chroma key

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Steiner
Best LED-light to light a chroma key
on Apr 13, 2017 at 3:19:15 am

Hey folks
I am wondering what the best and most eco-friendly LED-light is to light a chroma-key studio with a height of 22 feet , a length of 44 feet and a depth of 38 feet.
We prefer lights that are cost-effective and won't give us a heart attack once we get the electricity bill yet we do not want to compromise.

I've been thinking about these https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1069037-REG/ikan_ib508_v2_kit_ib508_...
My gaffer tells me that I should at least spend around 1200 USD per light if I want quality. There are lights in a cheaper range but he's trying to convince me that the loss of quality will be noticed on screen.

Anyone that has any advice?

Return to posts index

Jack Steiner
Re: Best LED-light to light a chroma key
on Apr 13, 2017 at 4:38:19 am

Sorry, the wrong forum... please delete this moderators

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Best LED-light to light a chroma key
on Apr 13, 2017 at 4:41:48 am

If these are just for wall washing green screen, there is no need to buy bi-color instruments.

Bi-color heads are going to be more expensive (and not as bright) as equivalent single-color instruments, so that's where I'd put my money. Especially since you are going to need lots of them for a stage that big (especially one that tall).

I also wouldn't buy kits like that to rig a studio either, you'd be much better off just purchasing the heads you need for a permanent stage install. With those kits you're also buying stands, cases, and batteries... things that are not needed at all for instruments needed for the lighting grid.

I won't recommend specific instruments, though... that's what you've got a gaffer for, who knows the space and your needs, budget, uses, and all that jazz.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]