BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Is there a piece of software or application for my needs?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Block
Is there a piece of software or application for my needs?
on Mar 3, 2017 at 2:37:00 pm

Hey guys, first, sorry if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it to the correct one if it's not.

I'm going to try and explain my situation / needs as best as possible and see if anyone can help point me in the right direction.

THE PROBLEM: I work for a company where the in-house creative team makes "customizable" videos that we make available to our clients. We have a web portal that they can log into, see the video that they can have customized, and then they submit their info to us (name, email, phone, and company logo). They way the video is set up, the 30 second video plays, fades to white, and then (basically) a jpeg image with their info and company logo they submitted pops up at the end for 10 seconds or so.

The process we currently have for this is quite cumbersome. We have 10 customizable videos for them to choose from, and then they email us with all of the above info and logo. We create an art card .jpeg with that info, and then plug that art card into an After Effects file that populates the jpeg with their info into the end of each video.

The issue is that it's a very manual process currently. We need to get the info from the client, create a jpeg art card, load that into after effects and export, and then send the video to the client, all manually. We are currently getting 80 to 100 of these requests in a day and it's taking a lot of manpower to crank them out in a mannerly time.

THE QUESTION: Is there some type of web "software" or application out there that we can have that would live on our site where the clients go to to submit their information, that would automatically take that submitted info and create an art card (or jpeg, or whatever) out of it, using pre-designated fields for their information and logo locations, add it to the end of the pre-created video we have made, and then allow them to download it right there? Thus automating pretty much everything? The part of the video where the clients information goes is not intricate at all, like I said, it's basically a still jpeg with their info slapped onto it, so the application/software could be pretty basic. However, the big point is we don't want to have each client to have to download a piece of software to make this work, it needs to be able to do it all throughout the website and then allow them to download the finished product right from the site.

I've searched and I'm not sure if I'm just not looking in the right place or if it really doesn't exist, but I'm hoping someone here might be able to help point me in the right direction.

Thank you very much to anyone who takes the time to read this and help me out with this very frustrating issue!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Is there a piece of software or application for my needs?
on Mar 4, 2017 at 6:38:58 am

You're selling "donut" spots: pre-made spot with a "donut hole" where unique customize client info goes.

Asking for a completely end-to end way to automate that, here, is like asking people to cut their own throats in their business, so don't be surprised at a lack of candor.

Still, first thing I thought of that was like this, is Jib-Jab customized animations. Ask someone there how they do what they do with customized animations using client-submitted raw material.

There's some sports database-based graphics packages and election-based CG packages that might do this job for you faster than AE templates. They're designed to operate in real time, updating autonomously.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Mar 4, 2017 at 12:38:28 pm

I have no idea how, but I've seen similar workflows automated with Automator on the Mac and AE. May also work with FCP/Motion. Sorry I don't have details, it was not an in depth tour. I'd love to hear how it all turns out.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
on Mar 6, 2017 at 6:20:21 pm

[Jake Block] "We are currently getting 80 to 100 of these requests in a day and it's taking a lot of manpower to crank them out in a mannerly time."

Let me see if I understand your problem: you're getting so many requests you cannot turn enough profit from the HR budget and so you want to automate, and that way your labor costs will decrease and your margin will increase?

Return to posts index

Chuck Johnson
on Mar 10, 2017 at 3:45:50 am

Hi Jake,

Yes, there is an automated solution for this. Please give me a call at your convenience.

Chuck Johnson
Big Bad Wolf Creative Group
817-429-0818
cjohnson@bbwcg.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]