BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Here's a strange one. Any thoughts?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Ball
Here's a strange one. Any thoughts?
on Feb 13, 2017 at 6:43:46 pm

Hi guys,

Hope you're all well. I have a potential client who wants us to deliver different still graphics and video clip files to stretched / ultra-wide LCD (LED backlight) bar cut displays. 1/3 cut display

The specs for the display is 28-inch wide x 6 inches high, 1920 x 357 (resolution), 16:3 aspect ratio, 70 pixels per inch (PPI), response time 8mSec, wide viewing angle, 0.3637mm(H)(V) pixel pitch

Have you guys ever head of this? They've also asked the following questions:

1. What is the largest size video clip that can be put on the screen without distorting the video? We are looking at 2 to 3 different images (still graphic and/or streaming video clip) on the display at a time
2. Can you shoot film specifically for this size screen (see specs above)?
3. Can you convert existing video files to fit this size screen? What methods / how would this be accomplished?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Greg

Greg Ball, President
Ball Media Innovations, Inc.
https://www.ballmediainnovations.com

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
Re: Here's a strange one. Any thoughts?
on Feb 20, 2017 at 8:08:42 pm

Sorry I missed this before. I used to do a lot of this stuff for bars and venues. Shooting the footage was almost ridiculous because the aspect ratios are incompatible. So it was a lot of cropping in After Effects and other motion graphics -- all of it relatively simple. I did not "film" in that aspect I framed the image accordingly (cropping out the rest) in the AE comp.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]