BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

rate for color correction prep

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Summersrate for color correction prep
by on Aug 15, 2016 at 12:38:47 am

I have a client that wants me to prep their 4k feature edit (in Premiere) to be taken to a colorist. It needs exported into various sizes with timecode burn and the timeline needs to be organized to the post houses requirements. All of it is manageable, but I'm not sure what to charge the client for this.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: rate for color correction prep
by on Aug 15, 2016 at 7:17:12 am

Your usual rate, I'd suspect. Nothing less. I mean, this is a pretty decent skill to have, making sure everything is just how the post house wants it.

Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Todd TerryRe: rate for color correction prep
by on Aug 15, 2016 at 7:02:38 pm

Totally agree with Shane...

That kind of work requires a certain amount/type of expertise, and it ties up both your time and suite exactly the same as editing, compositing, color grading or any other type of post work.

I'd go with exactly the same as your usual suite rate, as if it were any other kind of editing... it's not brainless enough to offer any kind of lower rate (unlike something like, say, just capturing tons of video, or doing some kind of render job that can crank away unsupervised or overnight).

Todd Terry
Creative Director
Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved