BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Selling my video online

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe MizeraSelling my video online
by on Jun 22, 2016 at 8:11:03 pm

Apologies if this is over posted. It's clear that the future of video is not a spinning plastic disc, it's online delivery. I welcome this for the most part. I have looked at iTunes as an option, but I hate to cut out a growing segment of clients by going that route. Spotify has an e-commerce platform for selling video online, but I hate to get invested in a platform unless I'm confident it will be around for the long haul.

I'd love to hear any direct experiences, good or bad. Or any other related suggestions.

Joe Mizera
Mizera Digital

Return to posts index

Justin LewisRe: Selling my video online
by on Jun 23, 2016 at 7:02:42 am

It depends on what you mean directly, but I'd definitely look into Video Hive and Shutter Stock.

Building better businesses for tomorrow:

Return to posts index

Joe MizeraRe: Selling my video online
by on Jun 23, 2016 at 1:05:15 pm

I'm familiar with Shutterstock, and other stock footage resellers. I am instead looking at a way to vend a completed production to a retail client. For example, I shoot a number of dance performances throughout the year. Traditionally, clients would purchase DVDs. I would also like to offer a turnkey online purchase option for a downloadable version. The offering would also need to be able to be kept from public consumption. I know several photo resale sites that do this very thing with images.

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Selling my video online
by on Jun 23, 2016 at 3:43:27 pm

Joe, I encourage you to click on the Vimeo Pro banner in the upper right sidebar here. At the other end of your journey, you'll find a plethora of options for selling your work. You get to keep 90% of the dough.

You can choose whether to rent or sell, choose which countries it's available in as your rights management needs dictate -- you can even decide whether it's viewable on Vimeo or whether you want to handle display and distribution through your own domain.

So follow that ad to a world of wonders. :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved