BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Blog: Biscardi Creative Media opens new 6000 Square Foot Post Facility

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
walter biscardiBlog: Biscardi Creative Media opens new 6000 Square Foot Post Facility
by on Mar 7, 2011 at 10:54:06 pm

MARCH 5, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BUFORD, GA (USA)

Digital Media Firm Celebrates Grand Opening in Gwinnett

Biscardi Creative hosts Digital Entertainment Industry at New Facility Opening
Gwinnett County, Metro Atlanta, Georgia (March 5, 2011) –Biscardi Creative Media (BCM) celebrated the grand opening of its new 6,000 square-foot production studio and digital media fulfillment house tonight. The event brought over 200 industry professionals together to share in the expansion of both company and industry in the Metro Atlanta region. The expansion, announced last July in partnership with Gwinnett Chamber economic development, demonstrates an increasing trend for digital entertainment growth in Georgia.

Located in Buford, Georgia, this new building features eight edit suites, color enhancement suite, 5.1 surround mix suite, client theater, game room, kitchen, conference room, a 1,400 square foot multi-use room and over an acre of open wooded area for employees and their pets to roam.

“Our new facility provides more convenience and the space needed as our business continues to grow,” said Walter Biscardi, Jr. Creative Genius of Biscardi Creative Media. “The property is in an ideal location, providing our team with access to a great quality of life environment near big-city amenities. Not to mention a relaxing alternative for our clients just a short drive north. You usually don’t find a facility situated on nearly 2 acres backing up to nature. We think we’ve found the perfect creative location and we’re thrilled to be staying in Buford and Gwinnett County.”

Gretchen Corbin, Deputy Commissioner for Global Commerce at the Georgia Department of Economic Development added, “The digital entertainment industry is absolutely booming in Georgia. It's great that Biscardi Creative is growing here and we hope it continues to do so for a long time to come."

Recognized as a top professional in the world of media creation, Walter Biscardi, Jr., leads Biscardi Creative to not only meet, but exceed consumer expectations. Emmy-award winning programming, episodic television, commercials, feature films and corporate presentations are some of the projects Biscardi Media brings to the screen every day. Leading the way in High Definition, BCM supports all formats from DV to HD to RED 4k in-house. Since 2001, BCM has consistently achieved regional and national award-winning recognition, including five TELLY awards in 2008 for editing and production work in animation and over a dozen Emmy Awards in the company’s history.

Digital media is one of five targeted industries in Partnership Gwinnett, the community and economic development initiative led by the Gwinnett Chamber, to bring jobs and investment to the Greater Atlanta region. In April 2010, the Gwinnett Chamber released its first –ever digital entertainment white paper, touting the emerging mega-industry in metro Atlanta and the State of Georgia.

“Biscardi’s expansion is a classic example of the type of growth digital entertainment businesses can experience in Gwinnett,” commented Shirley Lasseter, Vice Chair for Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners. “And with technology being one of Partnership Gwinnett’s target industries, we consider this growth to be more than just positive economic news; it’s a strategic win for our community’s long-term vision.”

“The City of Buford embraces this ‘creative class’ company, which fits in with the quality of life we strive to provide,” said BufordCity Manager Bryan Kerlin. “The momentum we’ve created in our historic downtown is spreading to other areas of the city. We’re happy they chose to locate here.”

Nicole Wright, technology business development manager for the Gwinnett Chamber, said, “Biscardi’s expansion in Gwinnett adds tremendous value to an already stellar industry of digital media and application in Gwinnett and Georgia. It is both a testament and tribute to the claims of growth and sustainability that the white paper shares about this industry.”

For further information on Biscardi Creative Media, please visitwww.biscardicreative.com and for more on digital entertainment in Gwinnett, go to http://www.gwinnettchamber.org/technology.

Return to posts index

brian hookSeo London
by on Mar 8, 2011 at 9:08:44 am

I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it.

Seo London

Return to posts index

Rob GrauertRe: Blog: Biscardi Creative Media opens new 6000 Square Foot Post Facility
by on Mar 10, 2011 at 8:49:06 pm

Awesome job, Walter. I've enjoyed stopping by your blog every now and then to see the progress. What's your favorite part about your new facility (other than the fact that it's finished, haha)?

Rob Grauert, Jr.
http://www.robgrauert.com
command-r.tumblr.com

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Blog: Biscardi Creative Media opens new 6000 Square Foot Post Facility
by on Mar 10, 2011 at 9:11:47 pm

[Rob Grauert] "What's your favorite part about your new facility (other than the fact that it's finished, haha)?"

The entire place just exceed all my expectations quite honestly. I'm most proud that everyone that has come in here says the place feels comfy. That's what we were going for. We wanted it to be a warm, inviting place to create, not something pretentious or reeking of "money." We've been working out of the back of my house for the past 7 years and I wanted to retain that "home" feel. So far it seems we've really done that.

My favorite room is Rebecca's Atomic Café. It's got such a great vibe with the retro styling and the diner booths are just so much fun.

Then of course the Rialto Screening Room is simply ridiculous the way it sounds in there. Patrick Belden just did an incredible job designing that room and we had a lot of fun building it.

And I just love, love, LOVE the conference room. A nice big and very warm room where we can all get together and chat. Clients are already loving the huge corkboards down both sides.

Molly seems to be really enjoying the 80' and 60' hallways inside so she can chase the tennis ball even when it's raining outside.

It was definitely a lot of work that's for sure. We did about 90% of the painting, we ran all the cables ourselves, built a bunch of stuff, did a ton of cleaning, etc... But what a great party, wish everyone from the Cow could have been there. But the Cow was well represented both by Bessie herself (in the form of DVDs and magazines) and all the wonderful partners who came to the event.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Register now for our Open House March 5

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Chris TompkinsRe: Blog: Biscardi Creative Media opens new 6000 Square Foot Post Facility
by on Mar 10, 2011 at 9:34:19 pm

Walter your Rialto Screening Room is truly the Bomb Diddy man!
In a word: Amazing!

Very impressive. Really enjoyed your open house event.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Blog: Biscardi Creative Media opens new 6000 Square Foot Post Facility
by on Mar 10, 2011 at 10:34:23 pm

I wish I had hired you to shoot the event Chris!

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Steve MartinRe: Blog: Biscardi Creative Media opens new 6000 Square Foot Post Facility
by on Mar 11, 2011 at 1:12:10 am

Walter, the place looks great. Now I know what I want to be when I "grow up!"

Production is fun - but lets not forget: Nobody ever died on the video table!

Return to posts index

by on Mar 11, 2011 at 2:14:23 am

[Steve Martin] " Now I know what I want to be when I "grow up!""

Don't grow up. That's the key. :)

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

walter biscardiOpen House Videos now posted, including Bob Zelin!
by on Mar 11, 2011 at 2:13:31 pm

Yep, we even got Bob on camera and he's rather subdued for such a manic engineer.....:)

Videos uploaded to our Cow Blog.

http://blogs.creativecow.net/blog/4437/our-open-house-videos

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Mick HaenslerRe: Open House Videos now posted, including Bob Zelin!
by on Mar 15, 2011 at 3:53:26 pm

Congratulations Walter! I had been following progress on your blog but lost track over the last 2 months. Can't wait to stop by for a visit on my next trip down south.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Open House Videos now posted, including Bob Zelin!
by on Mar 15, 2011 at 4:16:46 pm

We'll be here Mick!

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]