BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Blog: Movie Day at BCM!

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
walter biscardiBlog: Movie Day at BCM!
by on Jul 19, 2010 at 1:35:38 pm

I keep saying that you need to make sure you have fun in your life. Well Rebecca and I surprised the entire team with lunch and a movie on Friday. Every Friday I take the team and whomever is in the office out to lunch. It’s just something I like to do and it’s fun to go hang out together.

This past Friday was opening day for Despicable Me and I have not seen a film on opening day since “Return of the Jedi.”. Yeah it’s been a while. So we all headed to the Mall of Georgia and saw the film in 3D. It was fun, silly, but fun.

So keep making time to have fun. Both for yourself and your team!

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Blog: Movie Day at BCM!
by on Jul 19, 2010 at 2:39:25 pm

Next movie day, show them "Living in Oblivion".
(bring fresh milk for the coffee)

Return to posts index

Emre Tufekci S.O.A.Re: Blog: Movie Day at BCM!
by on Jul 19, 2010 at 6:58:39 pm

Or take them to "The Village" (Bring cyanide and bodybags.)

Emre Tufekci
http://www.productionpit.com

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Blog: Movie Day at BCM!
by on Jul 19, 2010 at 7:27:59 pm

[Emre Tufekci S.O.A.] "Or take them to "The Village" (Bring cyanide and bodybags.)"

Should we see the 3D or 2D version....... :)

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" featuring Sigourney Weaver coming soon.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Todd TerryRe: Blog: Movie Day at BCM!
by on Jul 19, 2010 at 10:26:44 pm

I seriously think that's a great idea.

Not as regularly as each Friday, but every now and then I'll ask, "Does anyone have super-pressing deadlines today?" If not, we'll blow off the afternoon and go do something on the company dime... lunch, or movies, even bowling or something ridiculously silly for adults like miniature golf (which I rule at, btw). It's a good way to keep people fresh.

Personally, super anxious to see Dispicable Me, but waiting until the crowds thin a bit. Probably will go 2D, the 3D (especially RealD) makes my brain ache.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Blog: Movie Day at BCM!
by on Jul 20, 2010 at 12:03:36 pm

[Todd Terry] "something ridiculously silly for adults like miniature golf (which I rule at, btw)"

Oh, that is a challenge, my friend. We will need to settle the mini golf championship if we can ever get together. :)

[Todd Terry] "Personally, super anxious to see Dispicable Me, but waiting until the crowds thin a bit. Probably will go 2D, the 3D (especially RealD) makes my brain ache."

I find everything a little soft focus in 3D although Despicable Me was sharper than Toy Story 3. The 3D is well done, though not necessary for the enjoyment. There is a VERY funny 3D joke during the closing credits with the Minions that was almost worth the extra cost of the 3D ticket alone.

I won't go see IMAX 3D though, just too much, both in ticket cost and the size of it all.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" featuring Sigourney Weaver coming soon.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]