BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Image licensing for motion graphics creation for TV broadcast—no more subscription sites?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Burke
Image licensing for motion graphics creation for TV broadcast—no more subscription sites?
on Mar 16, 2016 at 4:31:52 pm

Graphics elements question: does anyone know of a stock site that still offers an affordable, subscription-based model for licensing images for use in motion graphics for broadcast TV? Shutterstock used to do it, but their licensing terms have now changed and every image requires an "extended license" if you're going to use it on TV at all. So what used to be achievable under a $249/month subscription for hundreds of images now costs more than that for a single image. Getty and Alamy seem to be more or less the same thing.

I'm talking about using images as elements in larger graphic builds -- imagine comping together various images to build your own 2.5D pub environment, for example. Bar background, chairs, tables, glasses of beer, etc... You can see how the number of images gets pretty high pretty quickly. I don't mind at all paying for these things. But the way the pricing is looking these days at everywhere I can find, it's totally unsustainable on typical unscripted TV budgets with graphics-intensive shows.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]