BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

New Job

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Jenkins
New Job
on Oct 21, 2015 at 7:10:21 pm
Last Edited By Jason Jenkins on Oct 21, 2015 at 7:12:53 pm

I started a new job a couple of months ago and I wanted to share some of my work. I've been having a lot of fun with it and the boss doesn't seem to mind my wacky sense of humor! I'm working with Guy Cochran and crew over at dvestore.com, so I get to play with all kinds of new cameras and equipment––and make videos about them. Another great thing about this job is that it's only a mile and a half from my house––so I ride my bicycle to work! I feel very blessed to have this gig :)

Some of my recent work below:

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: New Job
on Oct 21, 2015 at 9:09:23 pm

Very nice! Can you talk about how you shot it?

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Oct 22, 2015 at 2:55:26 pm

[Mark Suszko] "Very nice! Can you talk about how you shot it?"

Sure. Are you referring to the G-Tech video?

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 22, 2015 at 3:55:04 pm

All the samples looked pretty good, as well as fun to do.

I'm always especially interested in the setups people use for limbo shots. Especially how they light them. And if they end up using/preferring an actual gray or white backdrop, or greenscreening it, adding the limbo in post.

I threw down one today, very casually shot on greenscreen, but the FCPX keyer did a fantastic job on it right out of the box, the spotlight tool tweaked my lighting nice, and the guy I shot was super-nervous, could not stop rocking back and forth. The FCPX stabilizer set to "inertia-cam" made him look like stock-still now. I get it that this worked better than usual because he's already on a greenscreen track without a background to add issues. Still, the whole project is coming together incredibly fast and easier than any I've done before.

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Oct 22, 2015 at 7:23:49 pm
Last Edited By Jason Jenkins on Oct 22, 2015 at 7:24:54 pm

[Mark Suszko] "I'm always especially interested in the setups people use for limbo shots. Especially how they light them. And if they end up using/preferring an actual gray or white backdrop, or greenscreening it, adding the limbo in post."

Here's a behind-the-scenes look for you :)

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Oct 22, 2015 at 7:33:17 pm

Wow I have that exact same CoolLights HMI... it was actually the first HMI instrument we ever bought.

I didn't think anyone else had it, because Richard only sold the 1200w ones in fresnel for about five seconds before they switched to PAR fixtures for their bigger HMIs.

The original ballast for it crapped out and it went back to CoolLights for repair. It sat there unrepaired and we hounded them about it for around six months before they finally sent us a "loaner"... which we have been using with that instrument for, oh, about three years now I guess. I'm sure the original has long since been forgotten there.

It's a decent instrument though, as far as the bargain basement HMIs go. We use it all the time.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 22, 2015 at 9:27:58 pm

He uses the same cheap Harbor Freight "Squeezer" (dimmer)(Actually an electric router motor speed control) that Todd and I use;-)

I didn't expect you to go to that much work for the tour, but I DO appreciate it!

When I light our green or a white/gray limbo wall, I start with softbanks (Lowel RifaLights) because (A., that's what's on hand, and B.,) I feel you can't beat that for evenness... so if I had your lights, i would have dedicate all but one soft light to the wall, then lit the talent with the smaller instruments and maybe a bounce card. But the beauty of these things is in how many different ways there are to get to the result you want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]