BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

After Effects & C4D Career

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Himanta kumarAfter Effects & C4D Career
by on Sep 1, 2015 at 7:06:35 am

Hi and afternoon to all!

Before starting my query i would want you to know that I have been working in a charitable organisation (Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust Media Foundation ( since 5years. So very much I got no Industry level background but experience almost to industry standards.

Now...Looking out into something like Film industry.

Over the period of 5years have grabbed shooting skills, Editing. Also had a professional training in AfterEffects, compositing.

Cameras worked on:
Panasonic 150& 250 series
5D Mark II & Mark III

Softwares Skills
Adobe CC [Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, Aftereffects, Speedgrade, Media Encoder, Lightroom]
AVID, FCP, Mocha Pro, Cinema4D and very basic of realflow.

Cant post all the works here but few are listed below:

Looking forward for the expertise advices to pitch in.
Thank you all in advance.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: After Effects & C4D Career
by on Sep 1, 2015 at 2:51:55 pm

As far as the demo reels, I think an even more effective technique to show you before/after would be to use a slowly-traversing split-screen wipe.

Your C4D work is better than what I can do, but it isn't photo-realistic yet, not to the point it's really ready for commercial-grade work yet... Work on more realistic textures, shaders, lighting, and models that are in higher detail. On your AE work, you could use more and better motion-tracking and stabilization before applying the skin effects.

As far as potential employment skills, what I see a high need for is supporting f/x, that is, scenery replacement and augmentation, artificial sets and digital set extensions of actual sets. Almost any show you an think of these days uses and needs that kind of work, not just science fiction and fantasy/horror, but regular dramas are always needing set extension or enhancement work, logo insertion or replacement, that kind of creative repair and design work, that, done right, the audience never notices.

A perfect example of this is in the recent video demo reel put out by the folks that do these kind of effects for Netflix's "Daredevil" show.
This is what you might aspire to do with your developing skill set:

The not-sexy, "invisible" stuff pays the same or better than the explosions and creatures type work. They need it fast and realistic, so perfecting your skills in texturing and photo-realistic modeling and renders would be key to future success.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Return to posts index

Himanta kumarRe: After Effects & C4D Career
by on Sep 2, 2015 at 7:37:02 am

Thank you Mark for your immediate response on this. Your suggestions really carry so much inspiration. Thank u once again!

My concern is right now is, as I am looking to work into industry for a job I don't find scope with aftereffects instead Nuke is preferred more. Can you please suggest me any industry or firm where I can initiate my industry level career with what I got and slowly gel with the rest.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: After Effects & C4D Career
by on Sep 2, 2015 at 1:01:43 pm

I couldn't say much, since I'm unfamiliar with what's available where you live. I would suggest more training, and I don't know if this will help or not, but, perhaps looking into freelance jobs for, or openings at architectural firms would give you a place to show and develop your compositing skills, helping render out the pre-vizualizations and other images architects show their customers. You might also partner with a commercial photographer to deliver unique composites for young clients.

Good luck, and let us know when you succeed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved