BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Google earth 3-d footage rights: how and how much?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark SuszkoGoogle earth 3-d footage rights: how and how much?
by on Jun 9, 2015 at 9:50:40 pm

Got an idea for a program I wanna pitch and it would require usage of Google Earth 3d maps for my "aerial photography". Anybody here have experience in getting the clearances, and can you dish a little bit on what kind of costs are involved?

Return to posts index

Mads Nybo JørgensenRe: Google earth 3-d footage rights: how and how much?
by on Jun 9, 2015 at 11:54:41 pm

Hey Mark,

Why not pitch the program idea to Google? :-)

If your idea is successful, they will want to "milk" you for as much money as possible. Or as long as their logo as an identifying feature is on it, you may use it for free. But it is worth asking Google directly how much they will charge you.

Have you looked at similar maps from Bing, Nasa etc - there may be better and more cost effective options.

All the Best
Mads

@madsvid, London, UK
Check out my other hangouts:
Twitter: @madsvid
http://mads-thinkingoutloud.blogspot.co.uk

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Google earth 3-d footage rights: how and how much?
by on Jun 10, 2015 at 2:46:52 am

Google has the very specific things I need for this particular idea. Sole source for this one. I've applied for an estimate from them on what if anything they'd charge, and if they'd even allow it, but that response can take up to five days to get back to me. In the interim, I was hoping to have some intel from people who've done this before me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]