BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Vimeo Rights Violation

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Ewart
Vimeo Rights Violation
on May 27, 2015 at 4:23:34 am
Last Edited By James Ewart on May 27, 2015 at 5:14:39 am

Hello

I may be posting in the wrong place. Nearly posted in Soundtrack Pro but it's a bit quiet over there!

I have used a rights free track from Soundtrack Pro called 'Realization' in a clip I have uploaded to Vimeo.

They have taken it down for rights violation,

I appealed. Apple denied the appeal because it is identical to a track called "Transmediterranea - Hydrogen Ed".

I think the composer have cheekily renamed the track but if Vimeo are going to star allowing music included free in Apple Apps to be renamed and then take ou videos down for rights violation things are going to get a bit confusing.

Anyone know anyone from Vimeo? I have appealed again but heard nothing back

Many thanks

James

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Vimeo Rights Violation
on May 27, 2015 at 4:47:11 am

This happens all the time because unfortunately many of the free loops in Soundtrack/FCPX have been incorporated into commercial copy-written songs and the Vimeo/YouTube filters flag them because they sound alike. Sometimes you get lucky with the appeals process but more often than not it just becomes simpler to edit with a different track.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on May 27, 2015 at 4:49:44 am

The thing is it is a sequence of swimming video clips and this was the last in a series of 9. The others are all sitting happily on Vimeo with the same soundtrack! (Probably I should not have said that) and the soundtrack works perfectly with the visuals.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Doyle
on May 27, 2015 at 3:08:16 pm

I also have a video on Vimeo that has that track incorporated in it, but have not had it taken down. Wierd that it is only 1 of 9 affected.

Jeremy Doyle
http://www.jeremydoyle.com

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
on May 27, 2015 at 5:34:19 pm

What would happen if you added an additional kick drum, say a double-bass the last 1/4 note, every other bar? Or some reverb? Or some flange. How about more cow bell?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on May 28, 2015 at 12:20:23 pm

Nearly posted in Soundtrack Pro but it's a bit quiet over there!

Obviously, they're using the noise suppression plug-in:-)

As others suggest, add a percussion blip or two to the front end and the robots should leave your video in peace.

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on May 28, 2015 at 12:21:48 pm

It might pass the rights violation but it would also spot the soundtrack!

; - D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]