BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Thread view???

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Terry
Thread view???
on Apr 27, 2015 at 9:43:51 pm
Last Edited By Todd Terry on Apr 27, 2015 at 9:51:07 pm

It seems now the COW forums automatically open in "View Posts by Topic" mode, which I hate with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns (sorry, am I overstating that?).

Anyone know if there is a way to revert a user's default preferences to the much-easier-to-view-and-manage "View Posts by Thread" as it used to be?

Yes, I know you can manually change it to "Thread" instead of "Topic," but you have to do that for every forum and every time you visit it... a pain in the rear.

Yes, I'm being a curmudgeon and hating change.

This is my actual working kitchen phone in my house....

...and it's a pleasure to talk on.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Thread view???
on Apr 27, 2015 at 9:54:00 pm

Nevermind... might have figured it out (without knowing what I did).

I could never get the preference-change to "stick" when changing it in my profile before, but right now it seems to be sticking.

Now back to yelling at kids for straying into my yard....

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Apr 27, 2015 at 10:43:13 pm

This was so staggeringly overwhelmingly the #1 interface request that we've been getting for years that we felt that making the change was the only responsible choice. It's frankly the only way that we see it being done at any forum, of any sort, anywhere on the web.

We've been doing forums for 20 years, since when the web was in its infancy (4 months after the release of Netscape Navigator), before PHP was even released, much less became usable for online forums...but we felt that it was time to catch up to what has clearly become the net standard.

Glad to hear that your preference is now persistent, though. It absolutely should be. This is in fact the one and only thing we do with cookies. We do NOT track your movements, but we DO endeavor to make your choices stick. Please let us know if this isn't the case again, and we'll take a look into it right away.

Yr pal,

Timmy
COW-boy

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Apr 27, 2015 at 10:58:31 pm

Thanks, Tim... yeah the preference does seem to be sticking now across different computers/browsers/ISPs, which it didn't before. I'll consider myself happy about it.

My only complaint now would be that I often visit the COW before actually logging in (I'll only usually bother to log in if I'm going to post), so I'm stuck with the default view until I sign in.

I can live with that, especially if everyone else in the world prefers it that way. Well, except Zelin, who I saw was bitching about it in another forum... but then again, I noticed the sun did rise today. :)

Thanks Tim!...

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]