BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

What type deal will be attractive for the tv network?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arun ShamalaWhat type deal will be attractive for the tv network?
by on Apr 11, 2015 at 7:09:29 am

I have Mini MBA course in online, we charge $2,000 dollars to learn the course in few months, In future we want to provide investment for the talented entrepreneurs in return of few % equity of their company.

Beside my Mini MBA course i want to produce a business show too under the company. I have planned and prepared a team to do a Business show in Television, I know few producers and host in the tv channel in my country. I don't want to sell my show to the tv network, i want to make the Tv network company as my strategic partner.

My question is:
What type deal will be attractive for the tv network?

NOTE:
1- I have a producer experienced in famous tv commercial and a host worked in the same tv channel attached in my show. They are talented in their work but young like me, not aware the type of deal a company make with Tv network company.

If my show get into this big tv channel in my country, my company will receive a lot of benefits. I know this partnership need to be mutual benefit for the Tv Network and for our company. Can you guys provide your thoughts and suggestions how to make this as mutual benefit deal..

Hoping for your reply guys! t.c :)

Return to posts index

Mads Nybo JørgensenRe: What type deal will be attractive for the tv network?
by on Apr 12, 2015 at 8:15:22 pm

Hey Arun,

[Arun Shamala] "What type deal will be attractive for the tv network?"

Money, Money and Money - Top TV Networks does not do strategic partnerships unless you are willing to let a shareholding of your business go to them?

No different to your idea:

[Arun Shamala] "I have Mini MBA course in online, we charge $2,000 dollars to learn the course in few months, In future we want to provide investment for the talented entrepreneurs in return of few % equity of their company."

Your proposition is:
[Arun Shamala] "If my show get into this big tv channel in my country, my company will receive a lot of benefits."

This is effectively product placement, so even if the TV Company wants to work with you, they maybe have an issue with regulations in your country for what is advertising and what is factual content.

Don't give up, just make sure to manage your pitch to the broadcaster with the view of presenting a win-win solution.

All the Best
Mads

@madsvid, London, UK
Check out my other hangouts:
Twitter: @madsvid
http://mads-thinkingoutloud.blogspot.co.uk

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: What type deal will be attractive for the tv network?
by on Apr 13, 2015 at 3:28:48 pm

This may be a situation where you straight-up buy the air time, and then pay for it by selling commercials in between your teaching segments.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]