BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Online Calendar

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan AsselinOnline Calendar
by on Mar 27, 2015 at 5:02:27 am

I'd like to know if anyone has a great idea for an online availability calendar. I'm finally busy enough to need it but I have an issue with just putting all bookings online and letting people browse the next few months of my life. Does anyone have an idea to allow people to come online and check a specific date for availability?

Hope I have explained this properly. Thanks as always.

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Online Calendar
by on Mar 27, 2015 at 6:00:09 am

Have you tried Google calendar? One of my favorite things about it is that you can easily and elegantly decides who can see what. Your open days are visible to everyone, and none of the blocked slots show WHAT's blocked...unless you care to share that too.

I tried to fight it for years LOL but in practice, I haven't found anything better.

Return to posts index

Mads Nybo JørgensenRe: Online Calendar
by on Mar 27, 2015 at 9:12:38 am

As a family, we are on Google calendar too, except my wife can edit my calendar - where as I can't edit hers - sounds normal :-)

However, if you are looking to put it in a public place, I do believe that you can setup a separate Google calendar that only shows your work engagements, and shows them without putting a title on them - i.e. just blocks out the time.

Haven't done it myself, but have seen it done.

All the Best
Mads

@madsvid, London, UK
Check out my other hangouts:
Twitter: @madsvid
http://mads-thinkingoutloud.blogspot.co.uk

Return to posts index

Dan AsselinRe: Online Calendar
by on Mar 27, 2015 at 12:32:12 pm

Awesome Idea.........Thanks...............Dan

Return to posts index

by on Mar 27, 2015 at 12:33:02 pm

Thanks Tim. As I thought the best answer would be right under my nose. Regards; Dan

Return to posts index

Al BergsteinRe: Online Calendar
by on Mar 27, 2015 at 2:27:07 pm

Google Calendar, Microsoft Live Calendar, Apple iCloud Calendar are all decent free ways to do this... depending on your platform of choice. You'll likely find that clients are more likely to be on Google than the others, but if it's just you driving it, then any of them are fine. I've tried them all.

For project oriented work, needing a team, try Basecamp. https://basecamp.com A very good product that allows the next level of interaction, but is too much work for one person to manage for their own stuff.

Al

Return to posts index

by on Mar 27, 2015 at 5:33:44 pm

Thanks Al.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]