BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

IndieGoGo & Website Crowdsourcing?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Gould
IndieGoGo & Website Crowdsourcing?
on Mar 26, 2015 at 2:48:09 am

Hi, I'm about to start a fund raising campaign for a documentary. At first I was going to just use social media (I have a captive audience) and a website with PayPal buttons/Perks, but then thought IndieGoGo would give more credibility to the project...then I just saw an award winning documentary filmmaker run both simultaneously. Is that common or good practice (obviously, he raised $35K):-) , but aren't you taking a chance that you won't make your goal on your IGG page and while you'll still get funding, it doesn't look good not making your goal. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Thanks so much for any direction. Jeff

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
Re: IndieGoGo & Website Crowdsourcing?
on Mar 26, 2015 at 10:16:10 pm

If you can do both, I say go for it. On IGG you get the money whether or not your meet your funding goal (unlike Kickstarter).

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Mar 27, 2015 at 12:08:08 am

Thanks...concern was that people would go to the website and the IGG would look "dead" even though I'm getting contributions from the site.

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Apr 1, 2015 at 5:10:43 am

You don't want to confuse people. Focus your crowdfunding on one collection site. Once that campaign ends, then you can switch to the other.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro
with Final Cut Studio Adobe CS6 Production

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Apr 1, 2015 at 9:49:12 pm

Thank you for confirming what I thought and that's exactly what the filmmaker did that I was referring to. He realized he need more money after production and then added PayPal links on his website. thanks again. Jeff

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]