BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

How to learn the intricacies of post production for TV commercials

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Parth MehtaHow to learn the intricacies of post production for TV commercials
by on Feb 26, 2015 at 2:42:58 pm

Hi Team,

My dad is an investor in a post production studio based in Mumbai. We render our creative & technical services for TV commercials.
I want to join the studio and add value to our business.I know nothing about this industry.

Kindly suggest me a roadmap.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: How to learn the intricacies of post production for TV commercials
by on Feb 26, 2015 at 4:45:21 pm

Look for work in an established post house or production facility with post in house. Start as a Production Assistant, or Assistant editor (if you know editing systems fairly well). Learn from the ground up...that's the best way. And on the job, being mentored by the post super and the editor.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rich RubaschRe: How to learn the intricacies of post production for TV commercials
by on Feb 26, 2015 at 5:46:30 pm

Exactly. I have a high school diploma, no secondary and I started as a TapeOp making VHS copies for hotel travel videos. I learned the machines on weekends and applied myself. I developed a streamlined labeling workflow with Filemaker on MacClassic computers. I then learned the Digital FX Composium graphics box on weekends reading the manuals and using it as much as I could. Within two years I was the senior designer and two years later I was running an AVID with AfterEffects and putting the entire video together.

I now own one of the largest production companies in the area with the largest sound stage studio. I started in 1992. Here I am.

Are you willing to put in the work at the bottom in order to prove yourself as you move up? People recognize talent, initiative and drive. If you have those you will move up quickly.

Coincidentally our receptionist back then started with no experience, moved into a producer role within 2 years and is now does in house footage licensing with National Geographic.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Parth MehtaRe: How to learn the intricacies of post production for TV commercials
by on Feb 27, 2015 at 5:01:35 am

Hello Mr. Rich,

Greetings of the day!!!

Thanks a lot for the piece of advice.

Regards,
Parth Mehta

Return to posts index

Parth MehtaRe: How to learn the intricacies of post production for TV commercials
by on Feb 27, 2015 at 4:56:08 am

Hello Shane,

Greetings of the day!!!

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Appreciable.

Regards,
Parth Mehta

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]