BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Gaff Gun - this thing is brilliant

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark SuszkoGaff Gun - this thing is brilliant
by on Jan 21, 2015 at 7:46:12 pm

Makes me want to buy stock... this gizmo will be a boon to my aching back and knees...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152810236608518&fref=nf

Return to posts index

Todd TerryRe: Gaff Gun - this thing is brilliant
by on Jan 21, 2015 at 7:55:45 pm
Last Edited By Todd Terry on Jan 21, 2015 at 7:59:23 pm

Simplest and smartest thing I've seen in a long long long time.

Expensive though. Their tape also is slightly pricier than we'd usually pay for plain black gaff. I'm wondering if, say, a regular industry-standard ShurTape roll will fit in the thing?... or if their core size is purposely slightly different so you have to buy their tape?

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

by on Jan 21, 2015 at 8:06:47 pm
Last Edited By Todd Terry on Jan 21, 2015 at 8:09:09 pm

I did have to laugh at this a little bit though... as their marketing mumbo jumbo says their tape is "Available in a variety of colors."

I think they ascribe to Henry Ford's theory that you can get it "In any color you like... as long as it is black."

If you were to actually try to order it, their tape is actually available only in black. Unless you want the 1" tape, which is available in the wide variety of black... or white.

Not that I care... out of probably a few thousand rolls of tape I've gone through in my career I think maybe two rolls were not black... that's all we ever buy.

The marketing did make me smile, though.

T2

P.S. I do now see that they sell an 18 buck core adapter that lets you use other brands of tape in the thing. I should have read more before spouting off earlier.

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Gaff Gun - this thing is brilliant
by on Jan 21, 2015 at 8:15:01 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Jan 21, 2015 at 9:14:24 pm

I'd like to know how it handles thicker carpet.

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: Gaff Gun - this thing is brilliant
by on Jan 22, 2015 at 10:39:54 pm

The video looks like the Gaff Gun is being used on relatively thin mic cables. Wonder how it would work on 10 gauge stinger cables. We have to lay a LOT more of them that mic cables.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 22, 2015 at 10:51:40 pm

Someone on Facebook speculated that in no time there would be a Chinese-made knockoff of it for way less than the $200+ price tag for the real thing... which wouldn't surprise me a bit.

I think the price is a bit high for what you get... but I think it's really pretty reasonable for what it does... which is more important.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Mike JeffsRe: Gaff Gun - this thing is brilliant
by on Jan 30, 2015 at 7:49:29 pm

We put a order in back in Dec, and they are just now getting to shipping the dang thing out. They sale adapters so you can use any brand of 2" or 3" gaff tape. I am excited to try the thing if we ever get it :)

Mike Jeffs
Production Services Manager
KPBS San Diego

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]