BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

How much should I pay a girl(college freshmen student) to film me doing a social experiment for an hour?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lewis Griffin
How much should I pay a girl(college freshmen student) to film me doing a social experiment for an hour?
on Dec 3, 2014 at 4:53:31 am

I have distance lens so she will not be in action. Don't worry I will get consent from the people in the social experiment. Just give me a number lol it's my first video. And it'll probably be for an hour

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: How much should I pay a girl(college freshmen student) to film me doing a social experiment for an hour?
on Dec 3, 2014 at 3:10:27 pm

Between 50 and 100 bucks.

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: How much should I pay a girl(college freshmen student) to film me doing a social experiment for an hour?
on Dec 5, 2014 at 9:23:35 pm

Hey, Lewis: you should chill on the whole "girl" thing. There should be little difference between whether you're employing a male or female.

With that out of the way, is this just for one hour of a static camera or is the end result and hour long "program" which has been edited from many hours down into one?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 5, 2014 at 11:33:43 pm

The way he described it leaves many things to the imagination, not all of them professional. I took it as shooting someone outside for an hour doing some kind of street theatre shtick, then handing over the raw footage. For that, 50 to 100 bucks seems fair, depending how much work on audio (like setting up a wireless) or other tech issues is involved. Post would be a separate deal.

Return to posts index

Lewis Griffin
on Dec 8, 2014 at 4:25:40 am

Lol it's just to hold the camera and focus. I will set everything up.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 8, 2014 at 6:14:38 am

Does it not need clear audio? How are you handling that? Don't count on an on-board camera mic to work well at a distance beyond five feet. As to price, offer what you want, but if you only pay peanuts, expect to get squirrels. Certainly at least fifty bucks if this is at all serious.

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Dec 13, 2014 at 3:10:26 am

Let her state her half day rate. It'll be good for her to learn that if she doesn't have a day rate yet.
Will she be editing it as well?
If ya offer her a hundred dollar bill to come shoot it, it may be the easiest way to begin a working relationship together.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]