BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

The Season is here...

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd TerryThe Season is here...
by on Dec 1, 2014 at 6:31:44 pm

Despite the fact that Home Depot had all their Christmas stuff out well before Halloween... around here we don't consider the holiday season to have officially arrived until the ├╝ber-tacky vintage aluminum tree makes its appearance in our lobby... which it did today...

I'll note that an acquaintance also has an aluminum tree and rotating color wheel... but his tree also has a revolving base that plays music. If you ask me, that's just showing off... and not what the season should be about.

I don't know about you all, but for us here the production schedule gets extraordinarily busy throughout December. I hope you all have a great and prosperous holiday season!

Todd Terry
Creative Director
Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: The Season is here...
by on Dec 1, 2014 at 7:26:54 pm

Very festive, indeed. Saw a new decoration gizmo at Ace Hardware this year: a green laser projector for the outside driveway or lawn, that animates snow-like patterns. To me, all I could think of was re-purposing it for use in a spot where secret agents or cat burglars (or Santa?) have to negotiate a laser detection grid.:-)

This is something I found at the state fair this year for 20 bucks:

There are many versions and copies out there. It makes a tiny bit of unobjectionable motor noise... Works best on white walls in total darkness. Tried them above the bed with some old Chi-Lites and Al Green but it made "one of us" dizzy, so instead of the boudoir, now it adds an extra boost to my tiki bar area when the disco music comes on. It might have use projecting onto faces during shoots that need a party or dream sequence feel. Or on a reflective aluminum tree?

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: The Season is here...
by on Dec 1, 2014 at 10:33:54 pm

All of this just makes me so proud to have your names up here beside mine.

(Sarcasm is just one of the many services we offer at GriffComm.)

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: The Season is here...
by on Dec 1, 2014 at 11:21:19 pm

More like

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved