BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Prepare Work Plan

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felix LiewhanPrepare Work Plan
by on Nov 28, 2014 at 7:37:24 am

Hello guys, my name is Felix and I'm still a newbie in this film industry. I had been given a duty in concept design to prepare a work plan and I really don't have any idea with this things. Can anyone give a guide on how to make a work plan. The more detail the better for me to understand. Thanx guys.

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: Prepare Work Plan
by on Nov 30, 2014 at 10:46:07 pm

I think how one would define a "work plan" depends on whose asking and how they expect to proceed once they have it. It may also mean different things in different cultures.

If it were me, I'd present it as a budget with tasks lumped together. For example:

Pre-Production & Production (Field Shooting) $X,XXX

Script writing & Shot list, Two shooting days including: Director/Cameraman, Producer, Grip, Jib Arm, Media, Travel time & costs

Post-Production Video $X,XXX
Voice-over fee & recording time, Production music, Transfer & Shot Logging, Non- Linear Editing (Suite & Editor/Director), Off-Line Efx & Titling (Opens/Closes/Titling), Master to Digital Files

Of course these bundled prices all begin in spreadsheet format, but not a spreadsheet that you provide your potential client showing each individual item and its cost.

You should also avoid providing too much detail on specific things because you are providing a virtual road map on the steps they may want to take themselves -- including ALL of the steps. ("And thank you very much for your free consulting time," they virtually never say, even though it's the reality. I've seen this from VERY large corporations as well as small ones.)

They may also be asking for this as a way of making sure that you are for real and have a plan for completing their project from start to final delivery.

As your next step, before going any further, I'd ask them to provide you with a better idea of what it is they want to see from you. You should always phrase this is a positive way. Something along the lines of, "What do you need me to provide for this project to move forward?"

Hope this is of some help and others here can provide their insights.

Return to posts index

Felix LiewhanRe: Prepare Work Plan
by on Dec 1, 2014 at 6:52:13 am
Last Edited By Felix Liewhan on Dec 1, 2014 at 6:55:56 am

Thank you for the detail sir I really appreciate it.Is it scheduling also include in the Work plan. I mean create a schedule for the cameraman, light man, music production and others to get into their duty to achieve a specific goal step by step or in short manage a time for each crew in timetable to get their job done.

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: Prepare Work Plan
by on Dec 1, 2014 at 3:13:04 pm

It certainly wouldn't hurt to include a production schedule. We normally have that as part of the header of the budget proposal, but without much specificity.

Shoot Dates:
Post-Production Dates:

Again, though: ask THEM how they define a "work plan."

Return to posts index

Felix LiewhanRe: Prepare Work Plan
by on Dec 2, 2014 at 5:36:30 am

Thank you very much sir

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved